Monday 26 May 2008
I am back home in Vienna! I would have done the Sunday Round-up yesterday but I spent most of the day in Amsterdam airport. My trip was nice and I spent way too much money but I came home to a nice pile of packages with books inside ;)

My picture today is moi outside the Torchwood entrance! I couldn't stand on the proper side though because yet again they had it all blocked off. Every time I go down there they do this. I think they know I am coming and do it on purpose. Sorry Marta but I didn't find your book anywhere so no book picture this time :(

If anyone wants to know what it is like to be Welsh and live in the area then I can highly recommend watching 'Gavin and Stacy'. I had never heard of this show before and it had me peeing my pants. Of course it will not make any sense to anyone who isn't at least British but I wanted to mention it anyway.

So on to the books. I have some lovely ones waiting here to be read! I finally got 'One Foot in the Grave' by Jeaniene Frost and 'Hungers of the Heart' by Jenna Black so they will be read first. I also have 'The Host' by Stephenie Meyer which I could also use as a doorstop...it is soooo heavy! 'Romancing the Dead' by Tate Hallaway also arrived while I was away so that it very high up on my reading list for this week. I also got a copy of 'Ink Exchange' by Melissa Marr which I was hoping would have arrived earlier...so I want to get to that one soon too.

So to the blogs! Darque Reviews is worth visiting if you want to know what 'Blood Noir' the new Anita Blake novel is like. There is also a review for the new 'Black Dagger Brotherhood' book due out next week.

Win a copy of 'The Host' by Stephanie Meyer here and here. They are both US contests and seeing the size of the book I totally understand! So if you are in the US and don't have this yet...pop on over and enter!

Most contests are open to everyone but I get really annoyed when the contest rules say 'Open to US Residents only'. Of course there are some good reasons for the 'US Only' rules like weight of the book but sometimes I wonder why a nice little paperback couldn't be sent out to someone in Europe. So here is one for all you Europeans!!! Yes this contest is only open to us folks in Europe. Win one of THREE SETS of the author’s World of Watches series including copies of “Night Watch”, “Day Watch” and “The Twilight Watch” here.

Over on Urban Fantasy Land they have a poll going on. The questions revolve around the question 'What Are Your Favorite Elements in Urban Fantasy?'. So go over and have your say!

Suburban Vampire has a nice list of upcomming Vampire movies if anyone is interested. Her poll this week is 'Which is the better series: The Vampire Chronicles or The Twilight Saga?'. She did have another one but I ruined it for her....Sorry!!!

The Witchy Chicks are having alot of fun writing a 'Round Robin Faery Tale'. The authors involved are Yasmine Galenorn, Madelyn Alt, Candance Havens, Anette Blair & Maggie Shayne (just to name a few) so go check out what they have put together so far!

My friend Terra has another great contest running on her blog. 'Haunted Richmond' is a historical paranormal non fiction. The book has been authographed by the author. All you need to do to enter is post a comment.

Oh and I saw this over on Fantasy & Sci-Fi Lovin' and thought it was fun.

What Is Your Battle Cry?

Yea, verily: Who is that, rampaging out of the freeway! It is Amber, hands clutching a vorpal blade! She bellows apocalyptically:

"I'm going to flog you until the laws of physics are violated!!!"

Find out!
Enter username:
Are you a girl, or a guy ?

created by beatings : powered by monkeys



That was quite a long round-up but it will make up for me not being here all week ;)

Last but not least! Just a few hours left to enter my contest! (see sidebar for details) and there will be another contest coming later too! It is the end of the month so I am feeling generous. I think it is time for another 3 book contest...

Labels: , , , ,

 
posted by Unknown at Monday, May 26, 2008 |


5 Comments:


At 26 May 2008 at 06:39, Blogger Lisa

Thanks for giving the poll a shout out!!


Lisa Trevethan

 

At 26 May 2008 at 10:22, Blogger Kimberly Swan

Sounds like you enjoyed your trip and had some great goodies waiting for you when you got home. :) Thanks for the DR mention!

 

At 26 May 2008 at 12:56, Blogger Liviania

I love the round-up.

Haha, I did that battle cry over at Wendy's blog.

 

At 27 May 2008 at 08:44, Blogger Unknown

Thanks gals!!

 

At 3 June 2008 at 08:09, Blogger Kathy

Here is mine!

Who is that, striding along the desert! It is KathyB, hands clutching a meaty axe! And with an ominous cry, her voice cometh:

"I'm going to make tacos with your corpse!!"

 






Free Website Counter;
Free Website Counter

 Subscribe in a reader





users online