Sunday 31 August 2008
This weeks interview and contest is with the author of one of my favourite series. I Love alot of paranormal books but the Anna Strong Chronicles are on the top of my list when it comes to vampire books and she is definitely the vampire I would most love to be. So I am really excited this week to welcome Jeanna C. Stein to Amberkatze's Book Blog.

The fourth book in the Anna Strong Chronicles, Legacy , was released last week so if you haven't started reading this series yet you need to catch up. So keep reading to the end of the interview to find out more about Jeanne and Anna and of course for the contest!

-------------------------------

Amber - Welcome to Amberkatze's Book Blog! It is really great to have you here Jeanne! I love your series and have been following Anna since the first book 'The Becoming'. However I am sure there are some people out there who still haven't met her so many you can start things off by telling my readers about your series?

Jeanne - Thanks for having me, Amber. I'm glad you enjoy the books. My series is about a thirty year old bounty hunter who gets attacked on a job and wakes up in a hospital to find she's a vampire. The series follows her adjustment to her new life as one of the undead.

Amber - Anna Strong lives up to her name! With how she manages to stay strong through her 'becoming' and then her following adventures I have to say she is a character to admire. Is she anything like yourself? Like anyone else you know?

Jeanne - I wish I could say I'm like Anna. In truth, she's much braver, stronger and loyal than I ever could be. She's a little bit Buffy, a little bit every woman. Anna is a reflection of all the wonderful women I've known in my life. She's a reflection of us all.

Amber - Legacy is the fourth book in the Anna Strong series and I am loving every word! Are there going to be more books in the series? and if yes how many?

Jeanne- I'm so glad to hear that. I have finished book five, to be released in the spring of next year, and just accepted an offer for two more books. So there will be at least a book six and seven. I really haven't planned an ending for the series, so I hope it just goes on and on.

Amber - How did Anna Strong come to life? Did you spend alot of time coming up with the idea?

Jeanne - I've always loved anything vampire, books, movies, or TV. When I had a chance to write my own, it didn't take long for me to come up with the basic idea. From there, the plots just kept coming.

Amber - Anna is a bounty hunter and can kick some serious butt! Did you have to do alot of research for your books so far?

Jeanne - Bounty hunting is another subject I've always found fascinating. In America, the laws regarding bounty hunting haven't changed since the Wild West days. I liked the idea of Anna being involved in a quasi law-enforcement job. She doesn't have to be concerned with procedure or the guilt or innocence of a bail jumper. She just has to bring him in. I also wanted her to have been a kick-ass human so it wasn't such a shock when she developed into a kick-ass vampire!

Amber - How did you get into writing? Did you always want to be a writer?

Jeanne - I've always wanted to write. It's only been in the last ten years or so that I was able to do it full time.

Amber - Your books are very paranormal and Urban fantasy. Did you always want to write books in this genre? Why do you think the genre is so popular right now?

Jeanne - I like the genre because it's edgy, contemporary, and more involved with action than romance. I think readers like it for the same reasons. It asks the question what if..what if there really were vampires walking amongst us and what if there really were ghosts and werewolves and witches what if there is more to this world than we can see. And more than any other genre, you can combine mystery and paranormal and fantasy the best of each into one story.

Amber - Do you have any other projects you are working on? Do you write full time?

Jeanne - I do write full time. Besides Anna, I'm working on a World War I trilogy with a co-author. It's an Angel/Demon story in which the conflict on earth was influenced by angels and demons. I'm also developing some ideas for another UF series. But it's just in the very early planning stages right now.

Amber - If your books were going to be made into a TV series or film who would you like to see playing the main parts?

Jeanne - This is such a hard question. Jackie Kessler just asked me that and I said I see Anna as a skinny Angela-Jolie-Lara-Croft type with short hair and thinner lips. I'd love to see Christian Bale as Anna's new love interest, Lance, and maybe Luke Wilson as Daniel Frey. It would have to be a BIG budget project, for sure!

Amber - Alot of writers these days have music play lists to compliment their books. Do you listen to any particular music when writing? Any songs/artists that suit the series?

Jeanne - I don't listen to music when I write. My brain needs quiet to concentrate!

Amber - What kind of books do you read when you have the time? Any favourite authors? Series?

Jeanne - I love so many UF writers. Charlaine Harris, Jackie Kessler, Richelle Mead, Mario Acevedo, Mark Henry the list goes on and on. I don't have nearly enough time to read, though. I find writing full time really cuts into reading time.

Amber - If you got stranded on a desert island what 5 things would most like to have with you?

Jeanne -Well, there would have to be books and chocolate. Maybe wine. A good companion. Lots of sunscreen. Sounds like paradise actually when can I leave?

Amber - Thank you Jeanne for taking the time to answer my questions!



My Reviews of -

Legacy
The Watcher
Blood Drive


------------------------------

Contest time!

This week there will be 2 winners! One winner will win one Anna Strong book of their choice. While the other winner will win a set of Anna Strong Chronicles magnets (see photo).

To enter the contest make a comment on this thread telling me - Which character in a book would you most like to be? I would love to be Anna Strong so let me know who you would like to be and why!

No mention of a character, no entry!

You can also have an extra entry for posting about this contest somewhere on the web. You must make a comment with the link to where you posted about the contest so I can confirm your entry. If you post at 2 different places on the web that counts as 2 extra entries, 3 places is 3 entries and so on.

The contest will be open until Sunday the 7th of September, 4pm CET (you must check in to see if you won because I will draw another winner after 7 days if the prize hasn't been claimed).

So enter away and tell your friends!

Labels: , ,

 
posted by Unknown at Sunday, August 31, 2008 |


44 Comments:


At 31 August 2008 at 10:23, Blogger Katie

Thanks for the interview! I am in the of reading Legacy now and loving it!

Hummmmm...if I could be a character...what a question! I am trying to think of one and they all have such up and down sides. I don't think I can choose just one. Can I have a mix of Kate Daniels, Joanne Baldwin, Sirantha Jax, and Wren Valere?

Thanks again for the interview!

 

At 31 August 2008 at 11:10, Blogger Pamk

Bree Lancaster Jacobs from Spellbound by Syndey somers is who I'd like to be. A witch with powers would be very interesting and she's strong too. I haven't had the pleasure of reading this series but it is on my tbb list.

 

At 31 August 2008 at 12:00, Blogger Estella

I would like to be Nikki Styx from the Terri Garey book Dead Girls are Easy.

 

At 31 August 2008 at 12:09, Blogger G in Berlin

I would like to be Mercy Thompson, from Pat Briggs books.

I just finished Ms. Stein's first two na Strong books- what a coincidence! I posted your contest in this http://bigappletobigbear.blogspot.com/2008/08/serendipity.html
I'm sorry I don't know how to embed that- do you?

Also, I loved Black Magic Woman- thanks again so much for that.

 

At 31 August 2008 at 12:11, Blogger Ladytink_534

Oh no! Not another great-sounding series to get me hooked!

I wouldn't mind being Merry Gentry (LKH) or Mercy Thompson (Patrcia Briggs)! At least for a little while...

 

At 31 August 2008 at 12:23, Blogger Cathy M

Love strong women, two of my favorites would be Eve Dallas (jd robb) and Riley Jensen (keri arthur).

 

At 31 August 2008 at 12:32, Blogger Joanne (NeedSun)

I just added these books on my wish list for Amazon so I was delighted to read this interview. Thanks very much to both Amber and Jeanna C. Stein for taking the time to do this.

The one character that I have always wanted to be since the first book I read in the series is Garnet Lacey. There is just something about her life that rings a bell for me.

 

At 31 August 2008 at 12:43, Blogger Susan Helene Gottfried

Yet another great interview, my friend. I've posted about it over at Win a Book. (No need to enter me)

 

At 31 August 2008 at 13:27, Blogger Margay Leah Justice

I would like to be Elizabeth Bennett because she was a woman ahead of her time, she didn't allow herself to be a slave to convention and she spoke her mind, regardless of the trouble it might get her into. Plus, she had some great lines!

 

At 31 August 2008 at 14:42, Anonymous Anonymous

Catherine Crawford from the Night Huntress series by Jeaniene Frost. She's strong and tough and kicks some serious butt.
Amber you once again introduce me to a series that I MUST add to my wishlists. Thanks :P

 

At 31 August 2008 at 16:34, Anonymous Anonymous

I'd be Arya Stark from the books by Geroge R.R. Martin because she's feisty and smart. When thrown in unfamiliar situations, she keeps her cool :)

anastasia[at[mediamafia.org

 

At 31 August 2008 at 17:12, Blogger tetewa

My pick is Victoria Gardella from Colleen Gleason's Gardella Chronicles. She can really kick some butt, too!

 

At 31 August 2008 at 17:17, Blogger DawnM

Another great sounding series that I seem to have missed hearing about.

Well, I'd love to be Eve Dallas... she's such a wonderful, strong, no nonsense character. And then of course, if you're Eve you get Roarke, and that's just the icing on the cake.

 

At 31 August 2008 at 19:49, Blogger Janicu

Hmm, maybe Nadia Stafford from Kelley Armstrong's series.

 

At 31 August 2008 at 21:09, Blogger catslady

I'm going to say Jill Kismet from Night Shift because I'm nothing like her but would like to be :)

 

At 31 August 2008 at 21:26, Blogger katayoun

maskelle from wells' "wheel of the infinite" or actually all wells' heroines!

 

At 31 August 2008 at 21:29, Blogger Kimberly B.

I'd really like to do magic, so I think it would be fun to be Jane Madison from Mindy Klasky's Girl's Guide to Sorcery, and Sex and the Single Witch. She's definitely not perfect, but is growing into her powers, and I love her familiar, Neko!

 

At 31 August 2008 at 21:48, Anonymous Anonymous

I love books with a tough kick-ass female as the main character. So I'd love to be...
Mira, from Nightwalker by Jocelynn Drake. Kate Daniels, from Magic Bites by Ilona Andrews. And, Maxine Kiss, from The Iron Hunt by Margorie M. Liu.
They're strong, tough and can kick major ass!

 

At 31 August 2008 at 21:56, Blogger macbeaner

Anita Blake, hands down. What a woman. Tough, strong, crazy and of course-all those sexy men

 

At 31 August 2008 at 23:01, Blogger Michelle

Hmmm, I would love to be Meredith Gentry in Laurell K. Hamilton's series sidhe series. She has her magical abilities and a ton of hunky sidhe warriors to love...

 

At 1 September 2008 at 00:06, Blogger Dawn M.

I think I'd want to be either Elena Michaels (Kelly Armstrong) or Mercy Thompson (Patricia Briggs).

 

At 1 September 2008 at 00:26, Anonymous Anonymous

I think I'd like to be Anita Blake (Laurell K. Hamilton), but from the early books. Back then she was really tough and kick-ass, that's one of the reasons that got me hooked on the series. The nice, hunky guys wouldn't hurt, either. :D
Alternately, I'd go with Eve Dallas - she would be my choice without all the supernatural stuff.

 

At 1 September 2008 at 06:22, Blogger Wendy

I want to be Kate from Ilona Andrew's Kate Daniels Series!

Why? Because she kicks ass and Curran totally likes her and I like Curran.

See? Everyone wins! *grins*

 

At 1 September 2008 at 06:53, Anonymous Anonymous

OH! Eve Dallas would be good. I also love Anita Blake and Merry Gentry. Both strong women and the sex is awesome! lol :D

 

At 1 September 2008 at 12:01, Anonymous Anonymous

I would be a cross between Kitty Norville ( Carrie Vaughn), Anita Blake, Merry Gentry( Laurell K. Hamilton)and Mercy Thompson(Patricia Briggs) and Rachel Morgan(Kim Harrison)


BreiaB

 

At 1 September 2008 at 14:35, Blogger Book Sp(l)ot

I think I'd have to be Cat from Jeaniene Frost's books.....or if I'm going for a more run of the mill, non supernatural character, Love from Principles of Love :)

 

At 1 September 2008 at 16:03, Anonymous Anonymous

I posted about your contest here:

http://mediamafia.org/enter_now/?p=251

anastasia[at]mediamafia.org

 

At 1 September 2008 at 17:42, Blogger Anita Yancey

I would most like to be Stephanie Plum from Fearless Fourteen.
ayancey@dishmail.net

 

At 1 September 2008 at 23:06, Anonymous Anonymous

Which character in a book would you most like to be? Wow - That is tough! Right now I would like to be Theodosia Browning from the Tea Shop Mysteries by Laura Childs. Partially because it is what I am reading now, but also because she is a strong, smart, inquisitive and creative women. Mostly all the characters I identify with are that way. Tomorrow I might want to be Mercy Thompson from the books by Patricia Briggs or Maggie from Madelyn Alt’s Bewitching mysteries or even Rachel from the Hollows series by Kim Harrison… DARN this is hard...

 

At 1 September 2008 at 23:38, Blogger Calliope

Oh gods, what a tough question. I think I'd have to go with Cat from Jeaniene Frost's Night Huntress series. Not only is she kickass, powerful and has a fulfilling job with a great team...but she has a freaking amazing love interest. How can anyone not want a hot, British vamp like Bones?! She's one freaking lucky dhampir!

 

At 2 September 2008 at 08:32, Blogger katayoun

not only great interviews but also great contests!!! today i had a lovely parcel, one Jocelynn Drake book and one very cool magnet! tra la la and thanks so much!

 

At 2 September 2008 at 10:24, Blogger Thursday

Great interview.

I've been thinking about which book character I'd like to be, and I keep coming back to the books I read when I was a kid. The protagonists in YA books just don't have quite as much to worry about. :)

 

At 2 September 2008 at 17:10, Anonymous Anonymous

A great interview and sounds like another great series to bet lost into. I had to scour my brain before I recalled my favorite assassin-who-doesn't-exist. Remo Williams frmo teh Destroyer series always left me wanting to learn the art of Sinanju.

And for the contest, I posted links at MMD and my Livejournal page.

 

At 2 September 2008 at 18:18, Blogger hermeslyre

I'd like to be A stainless steel rat, AKA Jim diGriz. I dunno why, he's an old Sci-Fi anti-hero.

 

At 3 September 2008 at 07:25, Blogger Kathy

Probably Garnet Lacey from Tate Hallaway's series. She runs her own bookstop, she's skinny, she's a witch and she's always meeting fascinating men. I posted your contest on my blog : http://kathyschaos.blogspot.com/2008/09/anna-strong-give-away.html

 

At 3 September 2008 at 09:35, Blogger cheesygiraffe

Oh Amber this is tough question!
I love Eve Dallas like a lot of people mentioned but I don't want to be her, she doesn't have enough emotion. I also love Rachel Morgan, maybe I'd like to be her. *shrug* I'm trying to think of someone with a kick butt personality that isn't so cold. I guess I'd like to be Stephanie Plum. She's so funny! Not kick butt though. :P But dang she's got some fine men!

 

At 3 September 2008 at 12:44, Blogger Unknown

I was trying to figure out, in the books I've read, which female characters I most identified with or most wanted to be like for any number of reasons. I've heard someone mention Arya Stark from the Song of Ice and Fire by George R.R. Martin. I must agree. She's strong and brave and she's only a child. Just imagine what she could be when she grows up some. Not to mention Daenerys. There's someone I definitely admire.

I also wouldn't mind being pretty much any of the female characters in the Dune novels, though probably with less manipulation and abomination (I'm particularly fond of Lady Jessica).

Then there's Phédre, from Jacqueline Carey's novels. Despite not feeling particularly interested in feeling pleasure with pain, like Phédre does, I admire her resilience and her courage and her spirit. I wish I could be as strong as she is (and I'm not talking about being physically strong).

Rita (Xeyra)

 

At 3 September 2008 at 13:49, Anonymous Anonymous

I'd have to go with Eve Dallas.
doot65{at}comcast[dot]net
Elizabeth

 

At 4 September 2008 at 08:22, Blogger CrystalGB

I would like to be like Kathy Reich's character Temperence Brennan.

 

At 4 September 2008 at 11:23, Blogger Unknown

Oh God oh God whom to choose? Maybe Megan Chase ("Personal Demons" by Stacia Kane) or Cassandra Palmer ("Touch the Dark" by Karen Chance) or .. best of all.. blushes now...Stephanie Plum..
Inara

 

At 4 September 2008 at 19:23, Blogger Susan B.

Hi!

Anna Strong/Angelina-Jolie-Lara-Croft works for me. Love, love Angelina movies when she kicks ____. Demi Moore in GI Jane works too. Smart, beautiful, strong!!!

Thank you so much,
Susan B.

sbussey AT windstream.net

 

At 4 September 2008 at 22:43, Blogger Lori T

I would love to be Cat from Jeaniene Frost books or Mercy Thompson from Patricia Brigg's book. Although there are so many great characters out there...it is hard to choose.

Jeanne~
Your Ana Strong books sound wonderful!

 

At 7 September 2008 at 15:29, Anonymous Anonymous

the magnets are so PRETTY!!!!!!!!

 

At 14 September 2008 at 17:45, Blogger Nancy

Amber and Jeanne, great interview!

Jeanne, your books on next on my TBR pile - my reward soon as I get my next proposal done!

I'd love to be Elizabeth Bennet, Sookie Stackhouse, Stephanie Plum. Hmmm, maybe a combo of those!

Light,
Nancy Haddock
La Vida Vampire

 






Free Website Counter;
Free Website Counter

 Subscribe in a reader





users online