Monday 5 May 2008
Lara Adrian, author of the Midnight Breed series agreed to answer a few questions about writing and what we can expect from her future books. There is also a special prize awaiting a winner so I hope you will all be entering!

Enjoy the interview and if you have any questions do ask! May Lara will stop by and answer them!

-------------------------------



Amber - Where did the idea for the 'Breed' series come from? Did you always want to write something Paranormal?

Lara - I have always been a huge fan of dark paranormal fiction, starting when I discovered my love for horror novels in middle school. Stephen King, John Saul and Dean Koontz were my addiction at that time. It seems very natural to me that I'm writing dark paranormal novels now, even if it took me a while to get here.

The idea for the Breed came out of my long-time fascination with vampires--the only "monster" that ever truly frightened me as a kid. Later on, once I was old enough to understand that vampires were also incredibly seductive (thank you, Anne Rice!) I developed a whole new fascination with the fanged creatures of the night. But it always kind of creeped me out that vampires were essentially walking corpses. All that cold, pasty white skin and no heartbeat? Um, yeah. Not exactly a turn-on. And let's not forget the prospect of sleeping in a coffin or under six-plus feet of raw topsoil every day from now till eternity. As much as I loved all the neck biting and lethal, preternatural charm of Lestat and Company, when it came to romantic fantasy, traditional vampirism left a bit to be desired.

In the summer of 2005, after a handful of years writing medieval romances, I finally had a chance to try my hand at something dark and supernatural. Vampires were my obvious first choice. But I wanted to put my own spin on the mythology--for starters, get rid of the "undead" and "damned" parts of the traditional folklore. My vampires took on more of a science fiction origin: a violent, otherworldly species that lived on blood, had immense physical and psychic power, and whose skin was hypersensitive to ultraviolet light. A small group of those alien conquerors crash-landed on Earth thousands of years ago and bred with uniquely gifted human women and from those matings came the first generation of my vampires, a hybrid human/alien species termed the Breed. I think of my vampire spin as something along the lines of Predator meets Blade. 


Amber - How did you get into writing? Did you always want to be a writer?

Lara - Secretly, yes, I always dreamed of being a novelist. I was an enthusiastic reader from the time I first learned to read, and I quickly developed a love for language and storytelling. I dabbled in writing all through school, but I never really believed that a small town girl raised in the rural Midwest U.S., without a college degree and absolutely zero contacts in New York publishing could ever manage to break into print as a novelist. So, instead I busied myself working a variety of corporate and management jobs, during which time I met the man I would marry. He was the one who encouraged me to rekindle my interest in writing. His gift of faith and confidence in me was just the push I needed.

It took me two years to write my first complete manuscript (a medieval romance). Along the way I joined Romance Writers of America, studied the market, made other writer friends, and met a handful of agents and editors at appointments at the national conference. Just a few months after I began submitting my manuscript, it sold out of the slush pile to Shauna Summers at Ballantine Books and I was on my way to becoming a published author! Serendipitously, eight years later, it would be Shauna Summers again (who'd since left to work for Bantam Dell) who bought my first vampire romance and launched this new leg of my writing career.


Amber - You have alot of characters in your books and I would love to know who your favourites are so far?

Lara - Actually, I try not to play favorites with my characters, especially when I'm writing a series of connected books. From a writer's standpoint, each character presents his or her own unique challenges and delights. I'm deeply curious about them all, and I love peeling away their layers to see what's underneath their skin, or secreted deep within their hearts. If I lavish my attention (or my adoration) too exclusively on one or two characters out of a group, I might miss something truly special about another. Naturally, since each of my books centers on the romance taking place between a featured couple, my focus is primarily on them when I'm writing their story. But from a more global, series level, my hope is that all of the main characters of the series are interesting in their own rights and capable of becoming reader favorites. I'm not sure I could accomplish that if I allow myself to fixate creatively on one or two scene-stealing "stars".


Amber - Your books are based in Boston but your characters have also travelled quite a bit. Have you also travelled to all of the places you write about?

Lara - When I set out to write the Midnight Breed series, I really wanted each book to have its own distinct "personality" while still fitting into the cohesive whole of the series. One way to do that was to move the storylines to locations outside the Boston headquarters of the Order, and to show readers a deeper glimpse inside the vampire world. Europe was a given, since the majority of the Breed (and the warriors of the Order specifically) hailed from that region during the middle ages.

I only wish I had the chance to travel to all of the places I write about! I've been to Germany as a child to visit my maternal grandmother and other relatives, but the bulk of my research for these novels so far has been via travel books, internet, and family living abroad.



Amber - With book #4 'Midnight Rising' just out and 'Veil of Midnight' due out in December...what is next?? How many 'Breed' books can we expect?

Lara - Veil of Midnight will be Nikolai's story, and after that I'll be writing a book for Andreas Reichen, the vampire from the Berlin Darkhaven who first appeared in Midnight Awakening (Book 3). I have several more books mapped out for the series, and I'm crossing my fingers that my publisher will give me the green light to write them all. If I have my way, there will be a total of ten books. And because I get this question quite a bit, yes, there definitely will be a story in there for Sterling Chase, aka Harvard.


Amber - Any little details you can share about the next book in the series?

Lara - As I mentioned above, next up is Nikolai's story in Veil of Midnight. Niko is one of the younger members of the Order, and probably the one least interested in getting saddled with a mate. He loves combat and lives for the adrenaline rush of doing battle with his enemies. But he meets his match in Renata, a woman who also lives by her blades and her wits--someone who challenges Nikolai on every level. I hesitate to say too much about the plot at the risk of spoilers, but if anyone is curious, the first chapter of the book was included in the back of my current release, Midnight Rising. Watch my website for additional info and the back cover synopsis, coming soon.


Amber - Do you have any other projects you are working on? Would they also be paranormal?

Lara - I am in the planning stages of a new paranormal series I’d like to write once I finish the Midnight Breed series, and I also have a folder stuffed full of story ideas that I hope I have the chance to write as well. Some of those are paranormal romance/urban fantasy type of things, and the rest are all over the place, including some mainstream thriller ideas I’m dying to work on.


Amber - Who are your favourite authors and what was the last book you read?

Lara - I have tons of favorite authors! In romance: Jaci Burton, Larissa Ione, Stephanie Tyler, Gaelen Foley, Kayla Gray, and about a hundred others. In non-romance, I enjoy: Stephen King, John Saul, Dean Koontz (earlier works), Harlan Coben, Dennis Lehane, and many more. I read anything that sounds good to me, and I’m always finding new favorites.

Because I’ve been in crunch mode on my current book, I haven’t had time to do much reading for pleasure lately. The last book I read and really enjoyed was Allison Brennan’s latest romantic suspense offering, Killing Fear.


Amber - Some authors listen to music when they are writing or even have
different songs that link to their characters. Do you have any songs that give you writing inspiration?

I don’t listen to music while I’m writing (because I just end up singing along instead of writing) and I tend to work best when I have absolute quiet with no outside distractions. But I do listen to music constantly when I’m not working and I have several soundtracks for my novels and characters. I love almost anything by H.I.M., Collide, Lacuna Coil, Evanescence, Breaking Benjamin, The Used . . . basically, there is no end to the list -- as my iPod can attest! Music is very key to my creative process, particularly in the beginning and development stages of my book ideas and characters.


Amber - The 'Breed' are a little similar to the 'Dark-Hunters' series and
'Black Dagger Brotherhood' series...do you think they would all be able to work together? (possible book idea....hehe)

Lara - LOL! I have a feeling that so many alpha males (not to mention, alpha males with fangs and blades and automatic weapons) in one place is just asking for trouble. ;-)

-----------------------------

Thank you Lara for the great answers! Actually I have to thank Lara even more because not only did she take the time out from writing to answer the questions. She has also donated a wonderful prize!!!

CONTEST TIME!


The winner of this weeks contest will win a signed copy of each Midnight Breed book released so far! That is 4 books (shown in the pictures) all signed by Lara Adrian!!!!

So even if you have read the books already this is definitely a prize worth winning!

If you haven't read the books this is your chance to get your hands on an amazing series! Search my blog for the books...I have read them all!


How to enter -

Comment in this post and tell us what music you like to listen to!

Make sure you leave some way for me to contact you if you win eg. Nickname from Bookcrossing, link to your site etc

The contest will close on Sunday 10th of May at 4pm CET. The winner will be picked by Raffleking and after the winner contacts me I will send the details on to Lara so she can send you your prize.

So enter now!!!

EDIT - Contest update HERE!

Labels: , , ,

 
posted by Unknown at Monday, May 05, 2008 |


70 Comments:


At 5 May 2008 at 10:01, Anonymous Anonymous

Here I am, rushing to enter! *g*
What music do I like to listen to? I mainly listen to the radio to and from work, I can't remember the last time I bought a CD. I usually look for pop/rock or oldies stations, one of my favourite stations passes 70's, 80's and 90's music.

 

At 5 May 2008 at 10:03, Blogger Daelith

Another great interview and now more books to add to the wish list. I love it when an author puts a new and different twist on the paranormal.

As for my favorite music. I'm such an eclectic listener. It really depends on my mood at the time. If I just want some background music while I work or read, I lean toward New Age or instrumental, even a little classical. In the car, I'm prone to adult alternative and a little country.
All time favorite - I'd have to say Collective Soul.

Thank you, Lara, for taking the time to answer questions and donating the books. Thank you for hosting the interview and contest, Amber.

 

At 5 May 2008 at 10:05, Anonymous Anonymous

Oh and thanks for hosting the contest Amber and Lara! Almost forgot in my sign up frenzy! ;-)

 

At 5 May 2008 at 10:12, Anonymous Anonymous

Great interview! The book series looks fabulous as well.

Hmmmm...favorite music?!? I'm a musician myself, and have never really been able to limit myself to one genre or artist. I pretty much enjoy anything, with the exception of rap/hip-hop.

 

At 5 May 2008 at 10:34, Blogger Alex

Many things! It all depends on my mood.:) For instance now, I’m listening You Know I'm No Good by Amy Winehouse. I think I couldn’t live without T-Rex, Pulp, Buzzcocks, Led Zeppelin, Radiohead, The Clash, The Strokes, Barry White, Nina Simone, Erik Satie…and many, many, many more. I love music! :) Oh and the last cd I bought was The Reminder by Feist (also very good!).

Thanks Lara and Amber for this contest and the wonderful interview. Can't wait to read Andreas Reichen. He is so yummi!:)

 

At 5 May 2008 at 10:41, Blogger G in Berlin

Wow, what a great contest. thanks! I listen to Dido, Linkin Park, Rush,Queen- whatever I had in my iTunes before I came over here. I need to start getting music again.

 

At 5 May 2008 at 11:05, Anonymous Anonymous

These books look interesting.

I listen to an eclectic mix of stuff - folk, jazz, rock, celtic fiddles & pipes, pop, show tunes, new age, classical. Some favorite artists include Harry Chapin, The Klezmatics, Pete Seeger, and Itzak Perlman.


(hobbit on bookcrossing / bookobsessed)

 

At 5 May 2008 at 11:43, Blogger Terra57

Fantastic contest Amber. Thanks to Lara and yourself for doing this. The interview was smashing and it's always nice to get some insight into a author.
As for music, hmm....I think mostly New Age (Enya) or Celtic (Capercallie, Lorenna McKinitt). I tend to like the soothing music more than anything.

 

At 5 May 2008 at 11:51, Blogger Fel

What a great contest! And interesting interview, thanks! I think I have too little romance (bookwise!) in my life, so of course I'm having a shot at this.

I listen to very varied music stuff, so I'll just list what I listened to in the last couple of days: Nelly Furtado, Tori Amos, Eva Cassidy, Jarvis Cocker, Snow Patrol and Lamb. (Though my heart, ever since I was 6 or 8, belongs to Queen. ;D) There are many more, but these will have to suffice.

Feloris/BC

 

At 5 May 2008 at 12:06, Blogger mellonhead

These books look amazing. I would love to read them! I believe you have single-handedly gotten me hooked on paranormal romance. As for music, like many of your other friends here, I love all sorts. I like a lot of latin music: Santana, Buena Vista Social Club, Celia Cruz, old tangos, and various Brazilian musicians. I also love old classic rock, Clapton, Hendrix, Janis, Vaughn, The Who and newer music is Raul Malo, Los Lobos, Lyle Lovett, Willie Nelson, Amy Winehouse, Norah Jones, Spoon, Vampire Weekend. I also love classical (new classical too-like Philip Glass), big band swing and opera.

 

At 5 May 2008 at 12:52, Blogger Liviania

Fantastic interview - it really makes me want to read the books!

I like inventive rock with female vocalists. Lacuna Coil and Garbage are two of my favorite groups.

 

At 5 May 2008 at 13:06, Anonymous Anonymous

this is a very, very good interview! thank you, Amber :)

I like lots of different kinds of music, all time favorites are Manhattan Transfer, Flying Pickets
and lots of others

Recent favorites are Kaizers Orchestra, QUOTSA, Gogol Bordello
and lots of others, too

Releanna (bookcrossing nick)

 

At 5 May 2008 at 13:54, Blogger ChristyJan

What a fun interview. And, what a great contest. I haven't had a chance to read any of the books in the BREED series yet.
Some of my favorite CD's are my Enya, Norah Jones and Nickelback.

 

At 5 May 2008 at 14:37, Blogger mella

Wow, this contest is the kick! :D

Musically I've been listening to a lot of Jesca Hoop, Sara Bareilles, The Dresden Dolls, Sia, The Pierces, and Classical or downtempo electronica is great for when I'm reading.

 

At 5 May 2008 at 14:39, Anonymous Anonymous

Oohh, put my name in the hat please! :) I have 3 of the 4 books, but signed copies would be awesome, and I could pass my copies on to another paranormal fan.

Music I enjoy listening to is Sarah McLachlan, Good Charlotte, Chris Daughtry, CombiChrist, Icon Of Coil, VNV Nation and pretty much any industrial techno.

 

At 5 May 2008 at 15:04, Blogger Jackie (Literary Escapism)

Oohhh...I love contests! I don't get to buy a lot of books since I decided to be a SAHM and not work. :)

I've read the first novel, but I haven't had a chance to read the other three. I enjoyed the first novel and the other three are on my TBR list.

I usually listen to whatever is on the radio, but the last CD I bought was Hinders.

 

At 5 May 2008 at 15:38, Blogger Night critter

Oooh this series looks fantastic, count me in.

I like listening to The Dixie Chicks, Chris Isaak, Enya, Snow Patrol, James Blunt, Madonna and lots of others. I tend to listen to whatever suits my mood.

Thanks for this great contest, Amber and Lara.

 

At 5 May 2008 at 15:58, Blogger Enchanted by Books

Awesome interview! I am new to LAra Adrian's books having only read one of them so far and that one was Midnight Awakening. It was VERY good and I'd love to read her other books!

I like to listen to Daughtry, Nickleback, and any rock group that sounds like those two. I also like Hinder and that song Lips of An Angel. I could play it over and over and over. I also like Mariah Carey and Kelly Clarkson.

Awesome contest by the way!!! :)

 

At 5 May 2008 at 16:15, Blogger -

Lately, Love Hurts by Incubus has been stuck in my head--incessantly!
It's a great song, though.
I also LOVE Nickelback, Staind is a favorite, as is Seether, and many, wonderful others!
I also like celtic music, will admit to knowing far too many pop song lyrics, and am generally open-minded musically :)

 

At 5 May 2008 at 17:08, Blogger Ladytink_534

I've gotten where I listen to all kinds of music but I especially love soundtracks from old musicals and animated movies. Also instrumentals (anything Celtic sounding is a plus), rock, and even some country.

 

At 5 May 2008 at 17:23, Blogger Larissa Ione

*waving to Lara*

Don't enter me in the contest -- I just wanted to stop by and say hi!

And for those who haven't read Lara's series...it's awesome! I love those alpha vampires! *g*

(And I listen to country, for the most part, but I love alternative too!)

 

At 5 May 2008 at 18:13, Blogger Rowena

Wow, what a great interview...I'm gonna have to tell my blogging buddy Casee, she enjoys LA books.

Great looking blog too! =)

 

At 5 May 2008 at 19:17, Blogger Tez Miller

Well, you can check here: http://www.last.fm/user/TezMillerOz

Madonna, Goldfrapp, Kasabian, The Hives, Rihanna - mostly happy music because I'm trying to stay cheerful.

Have a lovely day! :-)

 

At 5 May 2008 at 19:17, Anonymous Anonymous

Thanks for the great interview Lara and Amber.

I love to listen to 80's music, soft rock, game OST's and anime OST's.

Razlover on Bookobsessed or Bookcrossing.

 

At 5 May 2008 at 19:22, Blogger Michelle M.

great interview and yummy sounding books.

What music do I listen to? Southern Rock, Alt Rock, old time Country.

meshe/Michelle

 

At 5 May 2008 at 19:23, Anonymous Anonymous

Great interview! Love to hear about the creation process and where those wild ideas crawl out from.

As for my musical tastes. I tend to bounce from 70's rock like Rush, Heart, Styx, or Led Zepplin(reliving my youth) to louder bands of today like Godsmack or Incubus. But my current favorite is Alter Bridge! Their second release "Blackbird" has some of the best rock I've heard in ages.

 

At 5 May 2008 at 21:29, Blogger ReadingIsSoMuchFun

Hi Amber, Thanks for stopping by my blog and entering my contest.

Great interview. It was fun learning more about Lara.

Great contest I have Lara's books on my wish/want list. Her books sound really good. Sounds like a great series I can not wait to read them.

My favorite type of music is R&B. I love Boyz II Men, Mariah Carey, Mary J Blidge and many more :-)

Hugssss
LindaH

 

At 5 May 2008 at 22:46, Blogger Jennifer Y.

Hello!

Fabulous interview. I have heard a lot of good things about this series and was just told last week that I needed to read it.

As for the question, I listen to all kinds of music, but prefer country.


Jennifer's Random Musings

 

At 6 May 2008 at 00:22, Blogger Bunny B

Great interview! Awesome prizes! I've never read any of her books before - would love the chance to start! :)

As for music, I love pop. My fave artist is Kylie :)

 

At 6 May 2008 at 01:17, Blogger LadyVampire2u

I really enjoyed this interview. I get to learn all about one of my all time favorite authors. Please count me in for the contest.

 

At 6 May 2008 at 01:19, Blogger LadyVampire2u

Forgot to say which music I like best...Metal. I play heavy metal music so It's one of my favorites but I do love a little bit of everything.

 

At 6 May 2008 at 08:26, Blogger Harry Markov

Hey, great interview! Nice. nice and once again nice. I wanna tag in the play and say: I have a wide taste in music and you can find me listening to pretty much everything, but mainly, while I write I choose fast pop and intense alternatiev rock.

 

At 6 May 2008 at 08:31, Blogger tetewa

I've not read this series but it sounds like my kind of read. Enjoyed the interview and I've been listening to Mariah Carey new CD. I also enjoy Alicia Keyes. I'm also a big fan of classic rock.

 

At 6 May 2008 at 08:58, Blogger Unknown

So many entries already!!! The contest hasn't even been open 24 hours...so many new names too!

Tell your friends and keep coming back!

 

At 6 May 2008 at 09:13, Anonymous Anonymous

Thanks for the interview and would love to enter for the books!

 

At 6 May 2008 at 09:59, Blogger Fátima

I love her books :)
Please enter me.

fbeatriz from bookcrossing

 

At 6 May 2008 at 10:22, Blogger flossie771

Would love to enter the contest. My favorite music is country music.
Bookcrossings member...flossie771

 

At 6 May 2008 at 11:15, Blogger Renee

Hmmm...I guess the top of my list would be Lyle Lovett, Van Morrison, Alejandro Escovedo.

Great interview!

 

At 6 May 2008 at 16:28, Blogger Unknown

Hey, Amber! It's GateGypsy from BO (and BXing) here. YaY for iPods! I"ve been listening to a lot of Bob Marley, recently. I was really intrigued by what Will Smith's version of the character Robert Neville in I Am Legend had to say about him, so I bought a couple CDs of his stuff... Like Lara, though, I only listen to music when I'm not writing (or reading) 'cause I get to distracted by it, otherwise! I've got a rather large, very eclectic collection of music saved in my iTunes program, but I probably prefer dance-y, upbeat music (stuff like Kylie Minogue, T.a.T.u., George Michael, Great Big Sea) to most everything... and I love U2 above all!

 

At 6 May 2008 at 16:41, Blogger Kathy

The books look really good! Throw my name in the hat for the drawing.

My favorite music - country - George Strait!!!!

 

At 6 May 2008 at 19:06, Blogger Pamk

love oldies music especially motown.

 

At 6 May 2008 at 19:09, Blogger Unknown

Hi! What a prize this is! Thanks for offering this. As far as music - boy I like everything - depends on my mood. I like Pink Floyd, James Blunt, Bette Midler, Classical, etc.

You can contact me at Lilli_under_grace@yahoo.com if I win!

 

At 6 May 2008 at 19:45, Blogger Nikki

What a wonderful prize! I love country music, especially Brad Paisley, Kenny Chesney, Tim McGraw, Alan Jack, Rascal Flats, Sugarland. In fact, there are few that I DON'T like.
Nikki
nikkiphilton@hotmail.com

 

At 6 May 2008 at 19:56, Anonymous Anonymous

Hi, everyone!

I just wanted to pop in and say thank you to Amber for inviting me to be part of her blog, and also thanks so much to all of you for the kind words and interest in my books!

Good luck to everyone in the drawing!

All best,

Lara :)

 

At 7 May 2008 at 01:44, Blogger Dannyfiredragon

Hi Lara,

great interview. Music is always a mood thing for me. Here are few of my favorite bands: Creed, U2, Metallica, HIM, Nightwish, Sunrise Avenue, Green Day and many more

 

At 7 May 2008 at 07:04, Blogger Christine

Fantastic interview Amber & Lara! Thank you.
And great contest, too!

My taste in music is pretty diverse. I listen to Evanescence, Coldplay, Nelly Furtado, Justin Timberlake, OneRepublic, Blue October, Snow Patrol, Jack Johnson, U2, Sade, Yo-Yo-Ma, and 50 Cent! What a combo, huh? ;p

 

At 7 May 2008 at 07:38, Anonymous Anonymous

Loved the interview Amber. Thanks for picking Lara. It was great to understand a little bit about HER backstory. The books are fabulous, by the way.

I've got an eclectic taste in music as well. Anything pretty much goes, including rap/hip-hop. Here's a list of my stash at work: Cher, SHeDAisy, Toni Braxton, Mila Mason, Celine Dion, Jennifer Lopez, Rascal Flatts, Nickel Creek, and soundtracks from How Stella Got Her Groove Back, Dance With Me, Coyote Ugly, Oh Brother Where Art Thou, Ella Enchanted. Yep, diverse.


mail AT kellyrae DOT com

 

At 7 May 2008 at 09:19, Anonymous Anonymous

Mmmm, alpha vamps! Please toss my name into the hat.

Fav Music: Classic Hard Rock - Led Zep, The Rolling Stones ...

But sometimes I like Tony Bennett, Mozart, Dido ...

All depends on my mood.

Teri / ladiibbug

 

At 7 May 2008 at 10:13, Blogger Caffey

Hi Lara, Hi all! I'd love to be in the contest! With me being deaf most of my life, I don't know any of the current music but I remember when I enjoyed 'feeling' the music with the speakers on the floor and too reading lyrics. A few back then that I enjoyed were Fleetwood Mac, Eagles, Steely Dan and Elton John. One song I so love the feel of the music and lyrics would be Danny's Song, written by Kenny Loggins and sung by Anne Murray. I remember my dad playing her music alot and I felt this song and read the lyrics. Made me cry back then! Check it out!

 

At 7 May 2008 at 11:03, Anonymous Anonymous

Lara rocks!

I enjoy listening to the radio, that way I get a mix of everything!

My favorite artists right now are Taylor Swift, Daughtry, Simple Plan and Rihanna.

 

At 7 May 2008 at 11:04, Blogger Raonaid Luckwell

* crosses fingers to win all four books * Tight on money a friend went ahead and loaned me these books.

I'm giving Lara thumbs up on some of the bands she likes to listen too. It nearly floored me to see that she likes Lacuna Coil and H.I.M. (Villo's voice is *fans herself* Love how he did wicked games.)

What type of music do I like to liste too? Well to sum it up European bands! Mainly most of my favorite bands hail from Finland. Now don't get me wrong I do like the bands from the US

Reflexion, Nightwish, Within Temptation, Sonata Arctica, Inkubus Sukkubus, Kamelot, My Chemical Romance,

 

At 7 May 2008 at 13:36, Blogger Sharon

The books are fabulous! My music depends on my mood. I listen to everything from Three Doors Down to System of a Down, Tim McGraw to Queen.

 

At 7 May 2008 at 18:47, Blogger :Candice:

Wow so many comments already lol Sign me up for the contest!!

I love rock! Breaking Benjamin, Three Days Grace, Paramore, etc...
I also love 80's Music :)

 

At 7 May 2008 at 22:20, Blogger char10

great interview.I like a wide variety of music.it just depends on my mood. I like counrty , rock, some heavy metal,blues, cajun, Irish,folk and new age.trace adkins and toby keith are my favorites in country music.

 

At 8 May 2008 at 14:49, Blogger Mona

Definitely great books..
I don't have only one type of music.. it's all about how I feel like when I'm sad or busy with work I listen to Rock and have it high as if they're singing in my head.
Other than that I listen to everything but I'm much more into old songs like Europe, Michael Bolton, Meatloaf and others of the same time.

 

At 8 May 2008 at 15:44, Blogger Tina

alternative, am a country lister too depends on the day and the mood! just no teeny bopper music akk

 

At 8 May 2008 at 16:39, Blogger Bebemiqui

These look like a good read! I have very eclectic music taste...right now it's a band called SR-71 which is Rock. Great giveaway! Count me in. bebemiqui82(at)yahoo(dot)com

 

At 8 May 2008 at 23:27, Blogger windycindy

Greetings, A wonderful contest!
My music tastes are eclectic. For the most part, I listen to Enya, Josh
Groban, Phil Collins and Eric Clapton! Please enter me in your drawing. Thanks very much, Cindi
jchoppes[at]hotmail[dot]com

 

At 9 May 2008 at 06:44, Blogger Marlene

Great interview and drooling over the books. Oops must not drool.

Music? Hmm I like alternative music and I still love to listen to old punk rock music on occasions. I also enjoy R&B, Reggae,Ska, some classicSome bands. Joy Division, Smashing Pumpkins,Jamiroguai
Thanks for organising this great contest.

 

At 9 May 2008 at 08:18, Anonymous Anonymous

Everyday I listen to the radio to and from work but I am currently enjoying music of Daughtry.

 

At 9 May 2008 at 08:45, Blogger Raka

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

At 9 May 2008 at 08:46, Blogger Raka

Great interview Amber!

What I like to listen to mostly - well the last few years I'm in a goth rock mood, say Nightwish, Within Temptation, Lacuna Coil - but not the very heavy type though.
However my favourite song of all times, no matter what my mood is, gotta be Dust in the Wind by Kansas. For me nothing else beats this song.

 

At 9 May 2008 at 11:46, Blogger Wendy

Fabulous review, Amber!

I have quite an ecclectic taste in music - mostly rock, though - love folky stuff, whatever rocks my boat! *g*

Lately, I've been loving The Pierces.

 

At 9 May 2008 at 11:56, Blogger Nicole K/GothamGal

Great interview, and I'll enter...

I listen to a LOT of different types of music, from all different eras and countries.

I will say, however, I seem to have a LOT of soundtracks.

I'm loving the Drive By Truckers now, as well as Nine Inch Nails and then, of course, Pink's newest album. Haven't yet delved into Madonna's new one, but I have it. :-)

 

At 9 May 2008 at 22:35, Blogger Rebekah

Hey, it's the littleminx from BookCrossing, aka Rebekah.
*waves*

I definitely want to read this series. Sounds like something I would really enjoy. Thanks for hosting such a great contest, Amber! =)

As far as music goes, I tend to enjoy a little bit of most anything. If I'm listening to the radio I enjoy listening to the stations that play both new music and the older stuff too. I enjoy alternative, rock, classical, Christian, oldies, etc. Yep, like a said, more or less a little of everything.

Cheers and Good luck, everyone!
Rebekah

 

At 10 May 2008 at 16:09, Anonymous Anonymous

MUSIC......
"I love the sound of these books..they are music to my ears....and my favourite kind of music !!!!"

Brilliant interview...really inspired me to read the books. I am such an avid reader..I dont listen to a lot of music. My husband plays guitar and I mainLy listen to him playing.. I enjoy most music.. except for rap.

Thanks for the chance of winning these books.

CaroleAnne99 BookCrossing.

 

At 10 May 2008 at 19:22, Anonymous Anonymous

Ooh, another contest! Well, I am a huge Beatles fan and really enjoy classic rock.

 

At 10 May 2008 at 22:27, Blogger Kammie

Hope I'm not too late...great interview! Sounds like a great series, too. I'm adding these books to my wish list. I like all types of music. Some of my favorites are Keith Urban, Nickelback, Josh Grobin....I like all types depending on my mood. (rwestgaard @ ameritech.net)

 

At 12 May 2008 at 07:29, Blogger Linda

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

At 12 May 2008 at 07:34, Blogger Linda

I left a comment here, and now I don't see it. . .

I love all kinds of music, but I am not a fan of country western. I am a particularly *HUGE* fan of Bollywood movies and their soundtracks. I use them for everything from cooking, to cleaning, to exercising. Many of the movies are very upbeat and can be quite catchy. I especially use them when I need the motivation to move, or to move faster. . .lol

(ba_in_pa@yahoo.com)

 






Free Website Counter;
Free Website Counter

 Subscribe in a reader





users online