Sunday 21 September 2008
Can it really be? I have time to do a Sunday Round-up?? *faints*

All hail Autumn! Cold rainy weather but great TV to stay home and snuggle up to! Some of my favourite shows are back and some new ones too! True Blood has lived up to the hype and people are enjoying it. I have had the pleasure of watching the first two episodes and did think they were good. However I think Sookie comes across as a little bit ditzy and slutty. Anyone got something to add to this?

Looking around my favourite blogs I see there isn't much for me to post that hasn't been posted already!

Although yet again my visit to Darque Reviews has left me - Adding more books to my wishlist, thinking 'haha I read that first' and saying 'hate you! I wish I had that book here now!'. Full of the upcoming releases to tempt you. I always love Darque Reviews.

Then over on The Reluctant League of Adults there is a cool contest and some even cooler posts. Also J. F. Lewis has already got the cover for Revamped (which he sent to me) but he isn't allowed to post it yet. I have to say it looks really cool and I can't wait to see what everyone else thinks about it.

The Witchy Chicks always have such interesting post over on their blog but this week the best news over there was that Yasmine Galenorn's Sisters of the Moon series will be released in audiobook format soon!

New author interview and contest coming later on today. I am off to watch Supernatural!!! *drool*

Labels: , , ,

 
posted by Unknown at Sunday, September 21, 2008 |


3 Comments:


At 21 September 2008 at 09:09, Blogger Kimberly Swan

So glad to add to your wish list! *grin*

 

At 21 September 2008 at 10:46, Blogger Nancy

Amber, I agree that True Blood is awesome, but also agree that Sookie is being played as ditzier and sluttier (in her walk, and flouncing). More so than I'd like to see her played, but, hey, I'm not directing. :)

Still, I'm into it, and hope it has a long, successful run!

Light,
Nancy

 

At 22 September 2008 at 07:31, Anonymous Anonymous

I agree about Sookie... In the books she was really smart, she had to be. Suddenly she is ditzy and doesn't know how to dress so her entire backside is covered. (Mom? When did you sneak in here?) Also, as a person from Alabama... Send that girl (And Tara and some of the others)to some accent classes!

Speaking of Tara, the change in her character from the books to the series really bothers me for some reason. I would so disappointed last night when I found out what they did with her. Grrr.

 






Free Website Counter;
Free Website Counter

 Subscribe in a reader





users online