Sunday 31 August 2008

I got an email today with the subject line 'Gobsmacked' from the lovely Marta Acosta. After reading the email once, twice and then a third time I had to go over to Amazon.de and see for myself. It seems that back in March 2007 I wrote this review for her book 'Happy Hour at Casa Dracula'.

Which left me slightly confused because I only remember winning a copy of 'Happy Hour at Casa Dracula' earlier this year and reviewing it here on my blog.

So I will be changing my review over on Amazon.de (even though I hve't posted over there anymore since starting this blog) but thought you would all be interested.

I can't for the life of me remember reading 'Happy Hour at Casa Dracula' before this year and I don't even remember thinking that it seemed familiar. However it does seem that I have read this book twice and hated it the first time and throughly enjoyed it the second time. I actually went on and ordered the second book in the series as soon as I finished the first because I liked it so much.

I wonder if my tastes changed? If I just wasn't in the mood back in March 2007? Has anyone else ever had this happen? I have to admit I am confused.

Labels: ,

 
posted by Unknown at Sunday, August 31, 2008 |


4 Comments:


At 31 August 2008 at 07:42, Blogger Janicu

This may mean your memory is going? :) I have the same problem sometimes!

 

At 31 August 2008 at 07:49, Blogger shaunesay

How strange! But then maybe you've written so many reviews now that you're not remembering them? Still, I would think you'd at least recognize your own writing when you looked at it again, you know? Poor Amber! lol! Very interesting, that if it truly was you, that you didn't like it, and then you did!

 

At 31 August 2008 at 08:06, Blogger Unknown

It is truly a mystery to me. I entered a contest to win Happy Hour at Casa Dracula because I thought 'wow that looks good but I have never come across it before'. Then when I won I was eager to read the book when it arrived.

I loved it...and loved the other 2 books so far in the series. So I really wonder if I did post that review...or if I mistook the book for something else? I really can't remember reading it before this Spring...strange but true.

 

At 31 August 2008 at 09:04, Blogger Marta

Hi, Amberkatze, please there is no need to change the review on Amazon. It's clearly what you felt and I believe that reviewers should write their honest opinions. I would never ask any reviewer to change a review.

I only wrote to you because I was just puzzled as to why you then entered contests for the books and also reviewed them.

You were right in your review that my books will not be liked by those who want a vampire romance or vampire fiction. I spoof the conventions commonly found in these books. This is why I always try to warn people that my books are romantic comedies with a paranormal element.

 






Free Website Counter;
Free Website Counter

 Subscribe in a reader





users online