Thursday 1 May 2008
I really don't like ranting but I am getting annoyed and have to vent. So I hope this will not frighten people away ;)

Some regular readers will know that life in Vienna is great but getting books here isn't so great. I always order from Amazon.de and have always got my books when they are released and for a great price.

Well it seems like times are a changing.

I have had a couple of problems the last few months with books taking a long time to be sent. Waiting for weeks after the release date even thought I pre-order the books months in advance.

Well it is getting worse.

One Foot in the Grave was released the other day. Estimated sending time - JULY!
Hungers of the Heart was also released the other day. Estimated sending date - JULY!!
From Dead to Worse is due out on the 6th. Estimated date of arrival - June 3rd!

I have even been to other online stores in the hope I can order them somewhere else but they are all being shown up as 'unavailable'.

Anyone know a European book seller? Reasonable priced? I am fed up of reading new releases weeks after they have been released...

Labels: ,

 
posted by Unknown at Thursday, May 01, 2008 |


4 Comments:


At 1 May 2008 at 21:37, Blogger Jackie (Literary Escapism)

I take it the US version of Amazon won't ship to you? Have you tried barnesandnoble.com? It's a US bookseller, but they may ship internationally.

 

At 2 May 2008 at 12:44, Blogger Harry Markov

Oh taht one sucks major time. So far I have been lucky to have won boosk from people or reading them as ebooks. So I am not much of a great help here. I certainly hope you find a way. This sounds depressing.

 

At 2 May 2008 at 13:31, Blogger Unknown

@ Jackie - Amazon.com will ship to me but the shipping cost is twice as much as the books cost...and it would still take up to a month for them to arrive.

I haven't tried Barnes and Noble but I am sure the postage costs would still be terrible!

@ Daydream

http://www.bookdepository.co.uk are very good and they have free shipping worldwide. The only bad thing is they don't take pre-orders and even though they have the release dates set as 1st of May they still have the books listed as unavaliable :(

www.play.com are also good and ship free within Europe...not sure if that would include your country...

I like e-books but I hate having to sit at the computer to read. I prefer to curl up in bed or on the sofa with my book ;)

 

At 3 May 2008 at 08:48, Blogger Harry Markov

Oh, thanks I will keep this links, in case I need them, but so far I have no means to pay online, so I think it's best for now to stay away from them.

 






Free Website Counter;
Free Website Counter

 Subscribe in a reader





users online