Thursday 26 February 2009
Kick-ass witch and bounty hunter, Rachel Morgan, has been knocked down enough times that it doesn't even hurt any more. She has broken the rules to help others and now she has a bad reputation that she can't seem to improve. However none of this bothers Rachel because her lover was killed and that pain is just too much for her. Until she finds out who murdered him and she not until she has had her revenge, nothing else is important.

There is however a very big problem. Rachel can't remember much about the night of the murder. With a new nasty in town, memories start surfacing more and more and it isn't long before Rachel in on the right path to the killer. With the help of her friends, family and even her enemies, Rachel will hopefully see it through the New Year and finally find out who killed the man she loved.

The seventh book in the Rachel Morgan series has been on my pre-order list since it appeared on Amazon. This is the series that started off my Paranormal reading obsession and I have enjoyed every single book, until now. Ok maybe that sounds harsh and I maybe going over the top by saying I didn't enjoy this. However if I look at the previous books in the series, this one didn't feel the same, didn't grab me as much and there were times where I actually thought about not finishing the book.

Was it really that bad? No it wasn't. There was all the main characters I love, although some were not around as much as I would have liked. Rachel was as witchy as always and Ivy was as scary and sexy as ever. Jenks was funny all the way through and the gargoyle from the previous book made more of an appearance this time. The plot was good and there were the usually twists and turns throughout the book that kept me on my toes. However there was still something different and the only thing I can think of, that could have made me feel this way, is the depressive and gloomy way Rachel was acting alot of the time.

I know her lover died and she has been getting more than her fair share of problems to deal with but it wasn't until the last page, the very last few paragraphs, that I really wanted more. Paranormal Urban Fantasy is supposed to be doom and darkness alot of the time but it is real downer for the reader if the main character is so down.

All in all I have to say that I don't regret reading this. This is one of the best series out there in the Paranormal genre and is a must read for anyone who loves witches, vamps and other things that go bump in the night. However I, personally, was a little disappointed in this one and have enjoyed some other books alot more than this one so far this year.

It will be interesting for me to see what others think of the book once they have read it. After all there will always be a good and a bad book in a series and maybe this, even it is just my opinion, could be the bad one?

Labels: , ,

 
posted by Unknown at Thursday, February 26, 2009 |


1 Comments:


At 28 February 2009 at 09:08, Blogger Kimberly Swan

I really enjoyed this for the answers it provided and for the action we all love. I think this was much more emotional than the previous releases. :)

 






Free Website Counter;
Free Website Counter

 Subscribe in a reader





users online