Sunday 22 February 2009
Clayton was a normal curious six-year-old who asked to be bitten. Living as a lone werewolf child wasn't easy but then Jeremy Danvers comes and saves him. Of course Clayton doesn't see it that way at the beginning but over the years Jeremy becomes his father as well as his pack leader and he will protect him no matter what.

This is the book that fills in the gaps, that makes what you already read about the women look boring. Men of the Otherworld starts with the story of how Jeremy came into the world, shows how he takes in Clay, becomes pack leader and then brings us back to the present where a new part of his life is starting. After knowing him for so long finally getting to know Jeremy better was a wonderful experience.

However not only does this book give an insight into the pack leader but also into Clayton. Clay the wild wolf full of mystery and so very different to every other wolf in the series. Getting to know more about him was a treat and very eye opening. Smart and strong it was interesting to see how much he has changed over the years before the Women of the Otherworld showed up in his life.

Having read this book I now feel I know the series alot better. The Women of the Otherworld is one of my favourite, must buy series but it always lacked the male side of the story. So many secrets and unspoken stories that left gaps have now been filled and I loved every minute of it. I know these stories were on Kelly's website at various points but I always prefer a book and waited. It was worth the wait and I am looking forward to the future stories from the men as well as the women.

Not to be missed this is a must read for all fans and even a good way to start off the series of the Women of the Otherworld if you haven't already had the pleasure of reading it.

Labels: , ,

 
posted by Unknown at Sunday, February 22, 2009 |


3 Comments:


At 28 February 2009 at 09:12, Blogger Kimberly Swan

Definitely a must read for fans. :) Nice review Amber!

 

At 2 March 2009 at 01:20, Blogger Cherie

Hi Amber! *waves*
Just wanted to point out with this particular book that many die-hard Kelly Armstrong fans (myself included *grin*) may have already read at least 2 or 3 of the four short stories included in this book as they were previously available as ebooks on her website.

I know this is the case with "Savage" and "Ascension". I actually still have printed out PDF copies of them in my bookcase. Apparently there are a couple others though which were also taken down, "Case of El Chupacabra" for example, but it doesn't look like that one made it into this collection. Anyway, Kelley wrote up an explanation herself which you can see at here.

In any case, I just wanted to put this out there so that long time fans aren't disappointed once they realize they've already read half of the included content.

Granted, the proceeds from the sales of this book go to charity so they shouldn't complain anyway *whip*, and I'll still be buying a hardcover of this one myself for my own personal library even though I have a Kindle now too, simply because Kelley is one author whom I always keep for my Personal Collection. :)

 

At 2 March 2009 at 07:32, Blogger Unknown

Hi Cherie!

I remember her telling me that in the interview I did with her.

Hate to quote myself but I did say in my review -

"I know these stories were on Kelly's website"

I didn't want to expand on that. Hardcore fans should already know the facts and should buy the book anyway because the money goes to charity! ;)

 






Free Website Counter;
Free Website Counter

 Subscribe in a reader





users online