Thursday 1 January 2009
It has been a great reading year! I have read some amazing books and also thrown a few bad ones across the room ;) However it is time for me to look back and pick out the ones that I couldn't put down and can't wait for the next in series.

I know it is going to be hard to choose so I am going to pick the best for each month and post them in no particular order. It is a long list...so beware! Of course some may feel that I have missed some books out that were good...but I can't name every single book. These are the books you should read in 2009 if you haven't read them already - because they are amazing ;)

January -

Darkling by Yasmine Galenorn
Kitty and the Silver Bullet by Carrie Vaughn
Let the Right One In by John Ajvide Lindqvist
Fire Study by Maria V. Snyder
Iron Kissed by Patricia Briggs
Black Magic Woman by Justin Gustainis
The Vampire Shrink by Lynda Hilburn

February -

Heart of Stone by C.E. Murphy
Blood Engines by T.A. Pratt
Vampires are Forever by Lynsay Sands

March -

La Vida Vampire by Nancy Haddock
Chosen by P.C. Cast & Kristen Cast
Night Life by Caitlin Kittredge
Howling at the Moon by Karen MacInerney
Demons are a Ghoul's Best Friend by Victorie Laurie
The Accidental Werewolf by Dakota Cassidy
Vampire, Interrupted by Lynsay Sands
The Outlaw Demon Wails by Kim Harrison

April -

Personal Demon by Kelley Armstrong
Midnight Rising by Lara Adrian
Poison Sleep by T.A. Pratt
Staked by J. F. Lewis
Succubus in the City by Nina Harper
Personal Demons by Stacia Kane
Rogue by Rachel Vincent

May -

From Dead to Worse by Charlaine Harris
Happy Hour at Casa Dracula by Marta Acosta
Under Darkness by Savannah Russe
One Foot in the Grave by Jeaniene Frost

June -

Romancing the Dead by Tate Hallaway
Feast of Fools by Rachel Caine
Spectre by Phaedra Weldon
Lover Enshrined by J. R. Ward
Wicked Game by Jeri Smith-Ready
Dark Harvest by Lynda Hilburn
Accidentally Dead by Dakota Cassidy

July -

Night Child by Jes Battis
A Match Made in Hell by Terri Garey
The Summoning by Kelley Armstrong
Dragon Wytch by Yasmine Galenorn
Undead and Unworthy by MaryJanice Davidson
Night Shift by Lilith Saintcrow
Eternal Pleasure by Nina Bangs
Nightwalker by Jocelynn Drake
The Bride of Casa Dracula by Marta Acosta

August -

Just One Bite by Kimberly Raye
The Devil You Know by Jenna Black
Storm Born by Richelle Mead
Acheron by Sherrilyn Kenyon
Underground by Kat Richardson
Legacy by Jeanne C. Stein

September -

Pure Blood by Caitlin Kittredge
No Rest for the Wiccan by Madelyn Alt
Untamed by P. C. & Kristin Cast

October -

Evil Ways by Justin Gustainis

November -

Razor Girl by Marianne Mancusi
Dead Reign by T. A. Pratt
Any Other Doomsday by Lori Handeland
Magic To The Bone by Devon Monk
X-Rated Blood Suckers by Mario Acevedo
Living with the Dead by Kelley Armstrong

December -

On the Prowl by Karen MacInerney
Blood Bargain by Maria Lima
Road Trip of the Living Dead by Mark Henry
Requiem for the Devil by Jeri Smith-Ready
Succubus Takes Manhattan by Nina Harper
ReVamped by J. F. Lewis

I do have an overall best of 2008. There is a trilogy of books that I read this year that I can't forget about. A set of books that will be staying on my bookshelf forever. They made such an impression that I read all 3 books pratically one after the other because I couldn't get enough.

My best read this year has to go to -

The Crow Series by Jeri Smith-Ready




Amberkatze's MySpace

Amberkatze @ Goodreads

Amberkatze's Book Blog on Facebook

Amberkatze's Book Blog on Twitter

Labels: , ,

 
posted by Unknown at Thursday, January 01, 2009 |


3 Comments:


At 2 January 2009 at 06:45, Blogger Vickie

I'll just copy and paste your list into a doc and take it with next trip to the bookstore. = ) I did read quite a few from your list this past year, the rest are on my to look for list.

 

At 3 January 2009 at 11:44, Blogger Jocelynn Drake

Thanks for including Nightwalker in your list. I'm glad that you enjoyed it!

Jocelynn Drake

 

At 3 January 2009 at 13:58, Blogger Unknown

@ Vickie - I am glad my list will help you spend lots of money on books ;)

@ Jocelynn - I already have your next book on my pre-order list.

 






Free Website Counter;
Free Website Counter

 Subscribe in a reader





users online