Sunday 25 January 2009
Car Mechanic and shapeshifter Mercy Thompson is not having an easy time. After being attacked and finding out why her race was almost exterminated she has a few things she needs to deal with. However leading a quiet life isn't something Mercy seems to be able to do. Stefan her vampire friend turns up in her place dying while an old friend from school turns up wanting her to play ghost hunter. Adam the alpha werewolf wants her to be his mate while the locals have left their views on Mercy by way of graffiti on her garage. Will she ever get any sleep?

Her worst problem though is the vampires. Marsilia, the local vampire queen, wants her dead so Mercy goes to visit her friend to get away. Only she manages to run into another vampire. Pushed and pulled all over the place, Mercy has so many obligations to so many people that she is confused and unsure what to do. Will Mercy manage to calm the vampires and also make sure the werewolves stay her friend? Or will someone finally get her coyote blood like they got her ancestors?

Bone Crossed is the fourth book in the Mercy Thompson series and things are getting a little complicated. I love this series and it is certainly one of my favourites in the shapeshifter genre but I had some trouble keeping up with all the action this time around. Not to worry though, this was a brilliant read and more than interesting, it was extremely pleasing. I love Mercy and her strength to carry on through everything amazes me and I hope she has a break coming up because she deserves one.

With alot of attention on vampires in this installment things are quite dark. The werewolves are as present as always and there is a bit of Fae as usual but the visit from Mercy's mum made me smile and also Mercy's visit to her friend made for a change of pace. Things can only get better and alot happens in this book that I am sure builds the foundations of what is to come. The fifth book will certainly not come soon enough for me and for the other fans of this top shapeshifting series.

Labels: , ,

 
posted by Unknown at Sunday, January 25, 2009 |


2 Comments:


At 25 January 2009 at 08:52, Blogger drey

I'm so jealous that you've read this already! I LOVE this series, and Bone Crossed is on my wish list. I can't buy it, I have a pile of books to read first (I'm hosting the '09 Ban on Spending challenge), so I've been trying to win it in a giveaway... *sigh* Lucky you! =)

 

At 25 January 2009 at 08:56, Blogger Unknown

I was actually surprised when this arrived the other day because I am pretty sure it isn't due out till the first week of February.

I pre-ordered this last month and obviously the shop got it early and sent them out.

So I am really lucky! Most of the releases lately don't even give me an expected release date for Europe!

 






Free Website Counter;
Free Website Counter

 Subscribe in a reader





users online