Saturday 29 November 2008
Fred is half human, half mermaid and has been helping the Undersea Folk make themselves known to the world. During this time she has been busy giving interviews and being on TV but in the back of her mind she has been trying to make a decision. To decide if Artur High Prince of the Black Sea or if Thomas a marine biologist is the right man for her hasn't been easy but it looks like she finally knows what she wants.

In the meantime her friend is organising a wedding that Fred is not interested in. Her father turns up and civil war is breaking out under the sea. Nothing is easy in Fred's life but at least she doesn't have to work anymore. Well she would have no job if her boss would except her resignation.

Fish out of Water is the third book in the Fred the Mermaid series and also the last in the trilogy. Now I wasn't aware that this was only going to be a trilogy but I have to say I am relieved. MaryJanice Davidson is a great author and the whole mermaid idea was great and new. However this series was not that exciting and I really didn't like the main character very much. So to see this come to an end doesn't upset me at all and I can only hope that the author can write some more Betsy or Wyndham books instead.

If you have read the first two books in this trilogy then you need to read this one to get closure. However I have to say that the storyline seemed rushed and not as good as the first two books. Humorous in parts this part wasn't as funny as Swimming Without a Net or Sleeping with the Fishes.

Labels: , ,

 
posted by Unknown at Saturday, November 29, 2008 |


4 Comments:


At 29 November 2008 at 10:35, Anonymous Anonymous

I didn't realize this was only a triology either. I wonder if that was planned?

Hopefully, she will spend more time on the next Betsy and bring it back to the more fun lovin' characters that were in Undead and Unwed.

 

At 29 November 2008 at 19:45, Blogger SciFiGuy

Read all the Betsy books. Sounds like I should give these a try.

 

At 3 December 2008 at 14:42, Blogger October Woman

I've only read the first in this series, but I really enjoyed it and was sorry to learn there were only three books! I enjoyed all the Betsy books too of course, and have only read the first in the Wyndham books, but I liked Fred a little more than I did Betsy.

 

At 3 December 2008 at 15:08, Blogger Kimberly Swan

I only had a chance to read the first in this series. I'll have to try to pick the other 2 up sometime. :)

 






Free Website Counter;
Free Website Counter

 Subscribe in a reader





users online