Wednesday 5 November 2008
Marla Mason is the chief sorcerer of Felport and she has faced all kinds of magical enemies and evil. This time though she is dealing with the worst of the worst. A killer who is dark, handsome and doesn't play fair. Death himself has arrived in Marla's town and until he gets what he wants she has been evicted and has no contact with her beloved city.

The last thing Marla wants is to go to war with Death himself but he leaves her with no other options. With her friends and partner Rondeau still on the inside trying to save the city and Marla on the outside with her trusty new servant Pelham there is some hope. However it could take time to get rid of Death and Marla will have to visit her past and confront some people she thought she would never see again to end the Dead Reign of Felport.

This third book in the Marla Mason series was just as amazing as the first two books. Dead Reign grabbed me right from the beginning and I couldn't let go until I got to the cliffhanger ending. I love the feisty sorcerer Marla and her servant Pelham was a fun addition to the cast in this new release.

Dead Reignplays in a very exciting, fast paced magical world that I can't wait to visit again. Spell Games, the fourth book in the series, is due out in Spring and I am off to pre-order it so I won't miss it. Marla rocks the Paranormal Urban Fantasy scene and any lovers of this genre who haven't met her yet should make an appointment to get to know her sooner rather than later!

Labels: , ,

 
posted by Unknown at Wednesday, November 05, 2008 |


2 Comments:


At 5 November 2008 at 18:13, Anonymous Anonymous

I have to admit, I hadn't heard of TA Pratt before, but when I stumbled upon the cover art for Dead Reign over at Dan Dos Santos page, I was instantly intrigued. I love the cover art and now with this great review, I'll have to see if I can't find them on bookmooch or somewhere else.

 

At 6 November 2008 at 01:10, Blogger Unknown

The cover art for this series is really nice! T. A. Pratt is very lucky to have some nice covers!

Oh and you can get to know the writer better next week! T. A. Pratt is my next guest!

 






Free Website Counter;
Free Website Counter

 Subscribe in a reader





users online