Sunday 14 September 2008
Facing down a demon is nothing compared to formal sorority recruitment aka the rush. Maggie Quinn has started university and is determined to make it as a journalist and starts writing about being a pledge to make herself known. Getting deeper and deeper into Greek row, Maggie starts to uncover something that she is sure isn't normal. Who else could end up getting herself pulled into a sorority from hell? Only Maggie Quinn!

Using her psychic powers, her maybe boyfriend Justin and kind of best friend Lisa, Maggie follows her investigative nose to get to the bottom of things. What starts off as a simple undercover infiltration turns into a complicated, deathly and dangerous time with evil.

I really enjoyed the first book in this series, Prom Dates from Hell, but this second book, Hell Week, wasn't as good. Actually I am sure I would have loved it more if I understood or had been through 'Rush week' myself. However being British and living in Austria my only sorority experiences have been through TV and Movies. So this book while good was lost on my non American upbringing and it left me annoyed because I was really looking forward to more Maggie Quinn.

So all in all, great story, good plot and I still love Maggie. What I hope is that the next book, Highway to Hell has a plot revolving around something that I can get my head around. I am also interested in the next book because I want to see how Maggie's powers keep progressing. I can recommend this series but non Americans be aware of this second part.

Labels: , ,

 
posted by Unknown at Sunday, September 14, 2008 |


1 Comments:


At 14 September 2008 at 14:51, Blogger Joanne ♦ The Book Zombie

Thanks for the review, I hadn't heard of this author before but I am very interested in checking out this series.

I can totally understand how it would be less enjoyable if you are not familiar with school rushes and initiations. Where I'm from in Canada we have them in High School and Uni (although they are frowned upon by administration)

 






Free Website Counter;
Free Website Counter

 Subscribe in a reader





users online