Sunday 10 August 2008
Eugenie Markham is a powerful Shaman who banishes spirits and fey who cross into the mortal world. It isn't exactly doing her reputation in the Otherworld any good but she needs to make a living and it is what she is good at. So that is one of the reasons the latest case she is asked to investigate has her thinking twice about taking it or not. Having to travel into the Otherworld isn't high on her to do list but she also doesn't like the idea of leaving a teenage girl at the mercy of the fey.

Taking the case leads Eugenie to discover more about herself and the Otherworld than she expected. Dark secrets surrounding her family, her future and constant threats from all kinds of creatures leaves Eugenie tired, battered and confused. She has her wand, her glock and some good allies to help get through things. Meeting a sexy fox and fairy king also up her chances of getting through things alive but will she manage to control her new powers and stop the prophecy she is a part of from coming true?

The blurb for this new series from Richelle Mead didn't really make me jump for joy and I actually expected to read a few chapters, hate it and be happier with a new Succubus or Vampire Academy Book. However this one took me by surprise and really had me hooked from the first page and it frustrated me no end that this weekend I actually had more to do than just read!!

I usually hate books about fey and expect for a few authors I like I usually stay away from them altogether. I am really glad I gave Storm Born a chance because it was amazing. This was Kim Harrison's Rachel Morgan series crossed with Yasmine Galenorn's Sisters of the Otherworld with a little extra new and unique sprinkled on top. So many creatures, such great characters, amazing storyline and fun, excitement and action. Magical and mysterious this has got to be one of my favourite reads so far this year and I am dying to know when the next book (if there is one) comes out.

I have to say thank you to this author for such a great new look on things and for coming up with something new and different. I loved everything about it and would recommend this to anyone who likes anything fae and enjoys a leading lady who can really kick butt!

Labels: , ,

 
posted by Unknown at Sunday, August 10, 2008 |


1 Comments:


At 10 August 2008 at 12:24, Blogger Estella

I like the sound of this one!

 






Free Website Counter;
Free Website Counter

 Subscribe in a reader





users online