Tuesday 5 August 2008
Lil Marchette is the owner of Dead End Dating the hottest hook-up service in Manhattan. She is an expert in matching up the right people and she usually manages to get herself a little too involved along the way.

This time she is looking for a good Italian girl for Vinnie Balducci and if she doesn't come up with someone good within 72 hours he is going to do what he does best, slay her. Hang on though because Lil always manages to multi task her problems and the other major one is the fact that her assistant Evie isn't acting normal and may actually be posessed by a demon. Of course Lil has her family to also contend with and the usual money problems. Who said life is easy as a vampire?

I love this series and the only disappointment about Just One Bite is the new style cover. After the cool covers on the previous 3 books in the series, Dead End Dating, Dead and Dateless and Your Coffin or Mine? I have to say this one looked cheap and of course doesn't fit in if you are collecting the books.

Lil is an amazing character who comes across as a little dumb but she always manages to get the job done even if it is due to luck more than her being smart. Mix Stephanie Plum with teeth and Carrie Bradshaw drinking blood and you Lil. This series is delightful, delicious and down right funny. I can't wait for the next book, Sucker for Love, which is due out in May. If you like your chick-lit with a bit of bite then this series is for you.

Labels: , ,

 
posted by Unknown at Tuesday, August 05, 2008 |


2 Comments:


At 5 August 2008 at 15:13, Blogger Estella

This sounds like an interesting read!

 

At 6 August 2008 at 21:22, Anonymous Anonymous

I love this series and I can't wait to get my hands on the books. I already have a request in to my cousin who buys this series. :)

I don't know if I would say the cover is cheap, but I have to agree with you, the previous three were good. It looks like she did the same thing MJD did...changed the cover to make it stand out more. At least she was a little more successful at it than MJD (in my opinion)

 






Free Website Counter;
Free Website Counter

 Subscribe in a reader





users online