Monday 21 July 2008
I think that everyone knows that Sherrilyn Kenyon's Acheron book is coming out soon. If you don't know about it then you are lucky enough not to be signed up for any newsletters or MySpace pages for this book and the author. All I can say is the book better be bloody good after all the hype the publishers are making about it.

Anyway I was approached by 'the people' asking if I wanted a preview of the trailer (I would have liked a review copy but beggars can't be choosers). I said yes but I am sure you have already seen it because I was asleep (stupid time difference) when I got the email with the details. Here it is though....tell me what you think.

Acheron Trailer

(I settled for posting the link because the trailer just keeps playing and playing and makes the site a little slow)

Oh and tell me what you think about book trailers in general...I mean why?? I have the blurb, the cover and the author posting blogs, interviews etc so why oh why do I need a trailer? In some instances it actually ruins my 'view' of the characters etc.

Labels: , ,

 
posted by Unknown at Monday, July 21, 2008 |


4 Comments:


At 21 July 2008 at 07:42, Blogger Daelith

It really sort of came across as more of a video game commercial than a book.
I, for one, am not to sure about these trailers for books all together. I know it's good advertising for the publisher and author, but I not sure it's getting to the real readers. It's all too Hollywood-ish for my taste. Leave the trailers for the movies.

 

At 21 July 2008 at 12:46, Blogger Estella

I am not a fan of book trailers.
I have yet to buy a book because of some trailer I have seen.
I buy by author or recommendation.

 

At 21 July 2008 at 13:39, Blogger Unknown

So why do they bother? I really don't see why they waste their money on something like this...they could use the resources to get a few more books out to us hungry readers :)

 

At 21 July 2008 at 14:18, Blogger Unknown

I don't believe I'd seen a book trailer before this, but I can't say I liked it much. They must have to be careful not to give too much away, and I agree with you, Amberkatze, about it messing with your own mental image of the characters. Plus, isn't it a little misleading? I mean, obviously these people aren't actually in a movie about this book. Seems like an overly expensive and unnecessary form of advertising. Really -- where are they putting these that I'm going to see them and want to buy the book? (And, really, this preview did not make me want to read the book, btw.)

Are there more of these out there somewhere? Are any of them good and interest-generating?

~ GateGypsy

 






Free Website Counter;
Free Website Counter

 Subscribe in a reader





users online