Tuesday 15 July 2008
The Eleven are an alliance of the ultimate predators. The Prophecy is an ancient Mayan prediction that the world will end on 12.21.12. The eleven gods of the night are the only creatures more deadly than the ones they have been called to destroy.

Kelly Maloy has taken a semester of college to earn some money. She has landed a great job as a driver and the money she will earn means she won't have to work her way through the rest of school. When she sees the man she is going to be driving around she instantly feels terror. Why is she scared of this good looking stranger?

Ty Endeka is otherkin and has been woken up to join his brothers to make the eleven. Together they have to make sure that the world is still around after 12.21.12. All of the eleven have a soul inside of them that puts animal instincts into a whole new perspective. Will Ty manage to control himself around Kelly? Will he be able to pass as human?

One word - WOW!!! I have come aross Nina Bangs before but have never got my hands on any of her books. So when I got this one in the post I wasn't sure what to think. Last night I started and I was hooked. If my eyes would have stayed open I would have read this on right through.

I think I have read them all. Vampires, werewolves, dragons, gargoyles etc but this one totally surprised me. I won't let on what the 'eleven' in this book really are because it would totally spoil the WOW factor but let me tell you it is amazing!

I loved this fresh new take on things and it has an unique creative plot that I couldn't help but be sucked into. Eternal Pleasure has got to be one of the most surprisingly good reads ever and I can't wait for more books in this 'Gods of the Night' series.

Labels: , ,

 
posted by Unknown at Tuesday, July 15, 2008 |


2 Comments:


At 15 July 2008 at 07:57, Blogger Kimberly Swan

Great to read your review Amber! Wonderfully original, wasn't it? It was very different from her other series books, but I enjoyed it just as much.

 

At 16 July 2008 at 01:34, Blogger Jen

I've picked up this book and read the back of it in many of my visits to the bookstore lately. Your review has made me want to bring it home next time.

Thanks for suggesting the House of Night books, I have them on my hold list at the library.

 






Free Website Counter;
Free Website Counter

 Subscribe in a reader





users online