Sunday 13 July 2008
Law school dropout Abby Knight has a keen green thumb and has taken over 'Bloomers' the flower shop. The proud new owner is busy drumming up business and looking at new ways to make more than just her flowers grow. She never meddles and can't stand to see someone wronged, even if that person is already dead.

Things aren't going as sweetly as Abby thought things would. Someone just rammed her car and when she realises it could be the murderer everyone is looking for she wants to help caught him as much as possible. Luckily she has hunky ex-cop Marco to help her, if he ever picks up his phone when she needs him. However Abby is helping a bit too much and if she isn't careful she could find her last flower arrangement will be one for her own funeral.

I love a little break from the paranormal and cozy mysteries always appeal to me. I have been collecting the Flower Shop Mystery books for a while now and finally decided I should start them. This first part in the series, Mum's the Word, really impressed me and I am really happy that I already have the next few books in the series already here on my bookshelf to pick up when I please.

Kate is a more independent Stephanine Plum with the same style and nosey ways. For a debut this was a great start and the plot had me guessing right till the end. A great mystery with some laugh out loud moments I know I will be reading the next book 'Slay It with Flowers' sooner rather than later.

Labels: ,

 
posted by Unknown at Sunday, July 13, 2008 |


2 Comments:


At 14 July 2008 at 00:08, Blogger Ladytink_534

I've been wanting to try out this series! I've never had much of a green thumb but I practically grew up in a flower shop because my grandmother owned one. I even thought about becoming a florist myself at one time.

 

At 14 July 2008 at 01:41, Blogger Unknown

It always amazes me what 'themes' these cozy mysteries revolve around. Some are bizarre (I have seen one about coffee) but some are just interesting. I liked this one and even though it is about flowers it doesn't force the theme on you.

 






Free Website Counter;
Free Website Counter

 Subscribe in a reader





users online