Sunday 22 June 2008
Kismet Knight has become the psychologist who counsels vampires. Her life changed forever when she discovered a dark preternatural underworld and became involved with the gorgeous Devereux who is the powerful leader of a vampire coven in the city of Denver. Kismet is adjusting to her new role as an expert on all things paranormal and her unforeseen 15 minutes of fame. The interviews are a blur as she moves from one to the next. However her next radio appearance is one she will not forget in a hurry

Firstly the radio host's behaviour leaves her sure that this will be an experience she will never forget but then a strange and creepy on-air call turns Kismet’s blood cold. With a new friend to help her, a gorgeous boyfriend to protect her and a nice new office to work in things should be great. Although Kismet hasn't noticed how different she has been acting since that weird radio interview and her friends are not sure what is happening to the lovely Doctor. What is the caller Hallow up to? Has he got more control over Kismet than she realises?

Dark Harvest is the long awaited sequel to 'The Vampire Shrink' and the second book in the 'Kismet Knight, Vampire Psychologist series'. I was lucky enough to win an ARC copy of this newest book that isn't due out till October and reading it left me dying for more.

Kismet is a great lead character and it was interesting to see how her character changes in this book when Hallow gets involved. It was a steamy, bloody and funny read with Kismet's and Devereux's dialogue making me laugh more than a few times. The introduction of a few new characters and the reappearance of some others made this a great sequel and I can't wait to read more. I have to say that I loved 'The Vampire Shrink'' and thought it couldn't get any better but the author has excelled with 'Dark Harvest' and should write more and faster!

On a side note I loved the caller in the first chapter called Amber who loves Paranormal books...same name and same love as myself ;)

Labels: , ,

 
posted by Unknown at Sunday, June 22, 2008 |


3 Comments:


At 22 June 2008 at 08:16, Anonymous Anonymous

I just found the Vampire Shrink this past weekend, so it made my day when I realized you had read it and the sequel. It really caught my interest at Borders and now I can't wait to get my hands on it.

 

At 22 June 2008 at 10:27, Blogger Lynda Hilburn

Dear Amber: Thank you so much for your kind words about DARK HARVEST. I'm so happy you like it! (And, Amber wasn't the first name I used for that character in chapter one. For some reason, I wasn't satisfied with the name I chose, and "Amber" seemed so much more appealing. I changed the name in the final edits. Hmmmm. Your influence, maybe?? grin. Hugs to you, my friend.
Lynda

 

At 23 June 2008 at 09:37, Blogger Unknown

I hope you enjoy the book Jackie! It really is a great series!

Thank you Lynda for dropping by! I will tell people the character is named after me ;)

 






Free Website Counter;
Free Website Counter

 Subscribe in a reader





users online