Monday 19 May 2008
One of America's most important symbols of liberty has been stolen. It will be used in a plan of attack against New York and it is team Darkwing's assignment to get it back. So Daphne and her fellow vampire spies start following a trail of evidence that will help them the save the city.

However things are never easy and in this 5th book in the Darkwing series the vampires have more than terrorists to do battle against. Vampire hunters are on the move in the city and at some point it seems the whole team see a stake getting to close for comfort.

Oh and Darius is back. Daphne's world is thrown of kilter when she hears he hasn't been seen for months. It isn't long before he is in her apartment making promises that we an only hope he will keep this time.

This series is great and although I hate reading about terrorism (hear enough about it in real life) I really enjoy this series. The writer has managed to make the terrorist part of the book important but not too in your face. Meaning that there are alot of other things going on in the book to keep the story down to earth. With Daphne's love interest, the various happenings at the places they hang out, the mystery surrounding the Darkwing headquarters as well as other little details.

So this blend of mystery and thriller also has a good big helping of humour and sexiness making this a great Urban Fantasy series that everyone should at least try once. Start with 'Beyond the Pale' if you haven't already visited Daphne and her Darkwing team. Get into the action of it all and stay for the good vampire story.

Labels: ,

 
posted by Unknown at Monday, May 19, 2008 |


4 Comments:


At 20 May 2008 at 10:48, Anonymous Anonymous

This is a new author for me and I have the first novel in my TBR list, but when I first saw the word "darkwing" in your review, my first thought was DARKWING DUCK! I don't know why, but is that a good thing or a bad thing?

 

At 20 May 2008 at 14:09, Blogger Unknown

Darkwing Duck did cross my mind at first...although now I am further into the series I know it is because they have dark wings when they change and I don't think of the duck thing anymore :)

 

At 20 May 2008 at 18:11, Blogger Kimberly Swan

I really enjoy this series as well. :) I do wish Daphne and Darius would come completely clean with each other though.

 

At 26 May 2008 at 09:15, Blogger Unknown

I am still not sure if I really like Darius. I wouldn't mind if they didn't get together at all.

 






Free Website Counter;
Free Website Counter

 Subscribe in a reader





users online