Wednesday 7 May 2008
The supernatural community in Bon Temps is reeling from two hard blows. The natural disaster Katrina was the first and then the man-made horror explosion at the vampire summit was the second. Sookie Stackhouse is safe but she is still a little dazed by it all. She would love to have things go back to normal but it isn't going to happen.

Her were-tiger boyfriend, Quinn is still missing but that is the least of her worries as weres and vampires both start some battles that Sookie would rather she wasn't involved in. Danger and death would be enough for anyone to handle but Sookie also has to deal with a betrayal by someone she loves.

In this 8th Southern Vampire novel Sookie is hardly physically hurt but mentally she takes a lot of hits. She has never had much family but in this book she makes some surprising discoveries and finds herself with some new relatives and also turning her back on another.

Dealings with all kinds of the supernatural take place in this newest installment and all the characters we know and love are all there and some of the ones who we don't like also make an appearance. Sookie doesn't seem to have time to take in all the events in this book but she keeps strong and soldiers on just like Sookie does.

I love this series and I feel a lot happier having read this new Sookie story. The series just keeps getting better and the twists and turns more and more interesting. The ending has left me dying for more but I know there is another long wait ahead.

This is a series that stays in my Permanent Collection because it is just amazing. Charlaine Harris has created something unusual and realistic in this series and has a brilliant cast of characters to top it off. If you have never tried this series then you haven't yet read the best!

Labels: ,

 
posted by Unknown at Wednesday, May 07, 2008 |


4 Comments:


At 7 May 2008 at 10:47, Blogger Jackie (Literary Escapism)

You already have this book?! It came out yesterday, right? I need to get my hands on it.

 

At 7 May 2008 at 11:34, Blogger Unknown

It is amazing! I am always ranting and moaning because Amazon.de always keep me waiting on the new releases even though I pre-order everything months in advance. However this one arrived today...I was shocked!!

What made it even better was that I was home because I didn't feel well....so I got to spend a 'sick day' in bed with Sookie!

 

At 7 May 2008 at 18:12, Blogger Liviania

The Southern Vampire series is one I really want to like but don't. I read the first three and just didn't get into it. I feel bad because so many of my friends love them . . .

 

At 7 May 2008 at 18:59, Blogger Terra57

Amber I'm jealous. You beat me to another good one and your review is amazing as usual. Hope you feel better sweetie.

 






Free Website Counter;
Free Website Counter

 Subscribe in a reader





users online