Saturday 5 April 2008
City of Ashes is the second book in the 'Mortal Instruments' series by Cassandra Clare. Aimed at Young Adults this book is more adult than its predecessor 'City of Bones'. With subjects such as incest and sexuality addressed in this dark and exciting book I had to wonder what age this really was aimed for.

Clary is a demon slaying Shadowhunter and she wishes her life would go back to normal after finding out that faeries, vampires and werewolves Oh my! are real. Her mother is in a magically induced coma and she has a handsome and annoying brother that she didn't know about until a few weeks ago. If that wasn't enough her father is evil. So evil and insane that he needs to be stopped and killed before he hurts more than just her and her family and friends.

Things are even more complicated when the inquisitor arrives on the scene. The 2nd of the Mortal Instruments has been stolen and Downlander children are dying. Clary's brother Jace is fighting to clear his name when people begin to wonder if he maybe working with his insane father Valentine.

A great story and nicely written. I love the characters in this one and the plot is interesting. The whole new twist on things makes this a nice refreshing read and after the small cliffhanger ending I am looking forward to the next book in this series when it comes out.

Labels: ,

 
posted by Unknown at Saturday, April 05, 2008 |


2 Comments:


At 5 April 2008 at 13:02, Anonymous Anonymous

I'm still waiting to be able to get my hands on a copy of this book. :( I loved the first one, City Of Bones!

 

At 6 April 2008 at 09:43, Blogger Unknown

I hope you get a copy soon! Although I think you have enough to read? ;)

I was going to offer to send you it but it is a heavy hardback and the postage would kill me!

 






Free Website Counter;
Free Website Counter

 Subscribe in a reader





users online