Sunday 30 March 2008
***Warning Rant***

There are loads of great books out at the moment and so many more to come! I feel like I am going to burst everyday when I get home and find an Amazon package in my post box! However I am not bursting from happiness today but bursting with annoyance!

A few days ago I posted about the release of 'Rogue' by Rachel Vincent. I am happy that the 2nd book in this series is finally out there and I have been sitting back reading some other cool books while waiting for my copy to arrive. However after reading a friend's review of the book today I wondered when my copy will finally get here. I pre-ordered it back in November so I should be getting it soon. Right?

NO!!! Wrong!!! I checked my order and Amazon.de have given it the postage date of 30th April - 5th May!!!!

WTF???

How ridiculous is that? If someone posted me a copy of this book from the States tomorrow it would be here in a week...maybe even a few days. So why will it take so long to reach me here through Amazon.de? I am at a loss!

Anyway...needed to let that out of my system. I usually rant at my boyfriend about things like this but I think he needs a break ;) Plus if all goes well sods law will prevail and I will get an email within the next 24 hours saying they have sent my copy...well I can wish can't I???

Labels:

 
posted by Unknown at Sunday, March 30, 2008 |


6 Comments:


At 30 March 2008 at 12:38, Blogger Rachel Vincent

I'm so sorry you're having trouble getting a hold of the book. You're in Australia, right?

Where do you live? Because I know that Rosemary's and Rendezvous The Romance Bookstore both have them.

Or, if you can't get to either of those, maybe we could work out a deal. Did you like the first volume? Are you interested in reviewing Rogue? If so, let me know...

Rachel

 

At 30 March 2008 at 16:43, Blogger cheesygiraffe

I'm sorry you still haven't gotten a copy Amber. Thanks for mentioning my review though. :)
Oh I see Rachel has commented here. Nice! :)

 

At 1 April 2008 at 11:43, Blogger Wendy

That sucks! :(

 

At 2 April 2008 at 09:29, Blogger Unknown

Thank you for your support!!

It looks like I will be getting a copy sooner rather than later!!

Thank you Rachel!

 

At 2 April 2008 at 13:49, Anonymous Anonymous

I find that my Book store ships them fairly fast and then it's "in transit to the post office" for 3-5 days!!?? I mean, how long does it take to drive it to the post office with the other shipments? Are they driving it around in circles for days? Gah! But I always end up getting it within the time-frame specified.

Good thing I have a huge TBR pile to work through and review while I wait for new shipments. :)

PS: you won an E-Book download over on Lynda Hilborn's blog. Congrats! I was checkin to see if I won anything.

 

At 3 April 2008 at 09:48, Blogger Unknown

Thanks for letting me know Sidhe!!

I have to say I prefer having the book in my hand but e-books take up less room ;)

 






Free Website Counter;
Free Website Counter

 Subscribe in a reader





users online