Sunday 26 April 2009
Aurora Teagarden is on her way to a meeting when one of her sister-in-laws who should be going with her phones and says she will be late. This is not exactly what Roe expected to hear from Poppy but goes along to the meeting with her other sister-in-law and waits for Poppy to arrive. When the woman doesn't appear Roe and Melinda are annoyed and go to Poppy's house to give her a piece of their mind. Unfortunately all Roe gets to do is call 911.

Who could have killed Poppy? Afterall she was a nice normal mother and wife. Or was she? As Roe tries to get to the bottom of things she comes across alot of secrets she wished would have stayed secrets and it looks like Poppy could have been murdered by one of many people.

To keep Aurora on her toes her half-brother turns up out of the blue and the the guy she is dating brings his mother for Thanksgiving. With all that going on it is a wonder that Roe manages to keep going. Tired and worried Roe does what she does best and asks the right questions to the right people. Hopefully she will come up with the right answers without getting herself hurt.

This is the last book in the Aurora Teagarden series and I will miss it. Poppy Done to Death is due for re-release but I managed to get hold of this copy a while ago. With all that Roe has been through I have to say that Charlaine Harris gave her a perfect ending and one that I had dreamt she would get. I can only hope that the author will visit Roe again someday and let us see how things turn out for her.

Charlaine Harris is an amazing author and I love all of her books. Lily Bard, Sookie Stackhouse, Harper Connelly and Aurora Teagarden are all wonderful characters and should all get together for dinner sometime. If you are a fan of the Southern Vampire series and need a fix between books then it is well worth taking the edge off with some of the other lovely ladies Charlaine has written about.

Labels: , ,

 
posted by Unknown at Sunday, April 26, 2009 |


3 Comments:


At 26 April 2009 at 08:11, Blogger drey

I totally LOVE Charlaine Harris. I've read just about everything she's written. And I hunted EVERYWHERE for Shakespeare's Christmas - that wasn't in print anywhere when I went through that series... =)

 

At 26 April 2009 at 21:38, Blogger Pissenlit

I've been meaning to start this series. It's the only one of Harris' that I haven't read.

 

At 25 June 2009 at 07:43, Anonymous Peter

I really liked this too. My recent published book; True Love Is Not Common, has similar main characters. Hope my book will reach many people as this author. www.eloquentbooks.com/TrueLoveIsNotCommon.html

 






Free Website Counter;
Free Website Counter

 Subscribe in a reader





users online