Wednesday 15 April 2009
I absolutely love this series and after watching the TV adaptation 'True Blood' I really wanted to listen to the audio books. With two of them, thanks to a friend, on my shelf I picked up this one to listen to a few weeks ago. Slowly everyday on my way to and back from work I have been enjoying this book again.

I was surprised at how well this book was read. The narrator captured Sookie better than the TV version and made this audio book more enjoyable to listen to. The format of this audio book also made it a pleasure to listen to. Tracks every few minutes instead of one track per chapter meant I wasn't forced to listen to long chapters all the way through or go searching for my place if my listening was interrupted.

It is amazing how much of the story I have forgotten about over the last few years. Listening to this story again was like coming across it for the first time. Sure there were parts that I remembered straight off but there were so many little pieces of information that I had totally forgotten about. It makes me realise that with every book I read, I am losing parts of books I have already read...if that makes sense.

Now I am starting From Dead to Worse in preparation of the new Sookie book coming out soon. If anyone has the chance to listen to these books in audio format then enjoy. I certainly did!

Labels: ,

 
posted by Unknown at Wednesday, April 15, 2009 |


2 Comments:


At 15 April 2009 at 13:19, Blogger Vickie

I love listening to these, too. I have read the whole series, but now get to listen to them with DH on our carpool for work. He is totally diggin' listening to the adventures of Sookie and the gang. I can't wait until the TV show is out on DVD.

 

At 15 April 2009 at 15:35, Blogger Princess Allie

I am not a big fan of audio books, but the lady who does these are awesome! The earlier ones are out-of-print in CD so I'm having a hard time picking those up. I like it when the speaker is doing different voices. I recommend Karen Marie Moning's Fever series. The lady does a good job on those too.

 






Free Website Counter;
Free Website Counter

 Subscribe in a reader





users online