Monday 13 April 2009
Everyone in the Glordano family has some kind of psychic ability. Everyone that is except Daisy. Her mother uses her powers to help the police and has asked her older sister to help on a new case that has her stumped. Daisy wants to help out but with no powers she is dismissed. Again.

Nightshade, the strange town when Daisy lives, is usually a quiet place but teenage girls are being attacked left, right and center. Nobody knows who is responsible but it becomes pretty clear to Daisy that the question should not be who but what is attacking the girls.

When Daisy's former best friend, Samantha, returns to school looking, well, dead. Daisy realises that all the victims have had contact with the head cheerleader. Starting a new trend in school is one thing but sucking the life out of people is another. Is Samantha really up to no good?

Meanwhile Daisy and her friend, or is it boyfriend, Ryan do some sleuthing and find out more about the town of Nightshade than they should know. However they will have to work fast to find the culprit before some of the girls in school literally have the life sucked out of them.

This book was on my wishlist for a while before I actually managed to find a copy. Now I feel annoyed that I didn't get a copy of this sooner. What an amazing start to a series and yet another unique young adult novel. It amazes that there are so many good paranormal YA books are out there and I seem to be missing out on the fun because there isn't as much call for the English versions in Europe...which means they are hard or expensive for me to get.

I love Daisy and can't wait to read the next two books in the series 'Dead is a State of Mind' and 'Dead is so Last Year'. Teenagers with teenage problems with a twist of paranormal and some cool characters make this a series I definitely want to spread the word about. So if you haven't tried this yet and enjoy a good YA then consider giving this a go.

Labels: , ,

 
posted by Unknown at Monday, April 13, 2009 |


2 Comments:


At 13 April 2009 at 08:36, Blogger LuAnn

I'll bet my granddaughter would love this series ... I would, too!

 

At 13 April 2009 at 12:41, Anonymous Anonymous

I loved this book! I just bought book 2 'Dead is a State of Mind' and can't wait to start reading it this week!

~L

 






Free Website Counter;
Free Website Counter

 Subscribe in a reader





users online