Tuesday 24 March 2009
Bitten is the first book in the Women of the Otherworld series by Kelley Armstrong and a book I read a long time ago when I first discovered the paranormal genre. I remember wondering if I would like werewolves as much as vampires and then ordering more books in the series as soon as I was done with this amazing first book. This has become one of my favourite paranormal series over the years and it was lovely to go back to the beginning again and listen to this audiobook.

At first I wasn't so sure about the narrator but I got used to the voice after a while. She didn't put much feeling into the reading and sounded monotonous but then I realised that she did actually sound alot like Elena. Or how I imagined she would sound. It was great to revisit this book and there are so many little bits and pieces of the story that I had long forgotten. Now I really want to find a copy of the second book 'Stolen' so I can carry on my trip down memory lane with the Women of the Otherworld.

Labels: , ,

 
posted by Unknown at Tuesday, March 24, 2009 |


7 Comments:


At 24 March 2009 at 11:17, Blogger Starfire

It's odd - I never really enjoyed Bitten. I did start enjoying the series immensely from the second book onward, but not the first one.

I'm currently trying out my first ever audio book (Storm Front - book 1 of the Dresden Files, narrated by James Marsters), and I'm not quite sure whether the audio format works for me or not.

 

At 24 March 2009 at 11:33, Blogger Unknown

I love the Dresden Files Audio books. I was a little upset that James Marsters wasn't using his 'Spike' voice but he captures Harry so well that it didn't bother me after the first few chapters.

 

At 24 March 2009 at 12:23, Blogger Carolyn Crane

Oh, this was the one I first read in paranormals, and I think it's still one of the best in the genre!! I want to reread it now, too!!

 

At 24 March 2009 at 16:04, Blogger Vickie

I am torn between BITTEN and DIMESTORE MAGIC being my favorite Kelley Armstrong. This is one of my favorite series, a lot because of the characters who make appearances in the books.

 

At 24 March 2009 at 17:53, Blogger Unknown

Yay I'm so happy you did this review. I love all of Kelley's books but Bitten was what got me reading again and got me to fall back in love with paranormal fictions. I'm going to post a link on her site to his so she knows. I'm sure she will so happy you enjoyed it as well as the others who posted comments.

 

At 24 March 2009 at 18:15, Blogger Donna

I read BITTEN years ago, when it very first came out. I remember going and looking for another book By Kelley Armstrong but the second one hadn't come out yet. I was so disappointed back then. Funny thing is I just bought BITTEN again this past weekend - what a coincidence.

 

At 24 March 2009 at 20:08, Blogger joysann

That's interesting... I've got Bitten in audio sitting here waiting for me. I picked it up last week at the library. I've read all of Kelley Armstrong's books at least twice, and I may have listened to Bitten before, but I'll enjoy it all again.

I enjoy your blog. Thanks!

 






Free Website Counter;
Free Website Counter

 Subscribe in a reader





users online