Sunday 15 March 2009
A Zombie Settler from birth, Megan Berry has been safe from playing shrink to dead people for a good few years. Now her powers seem to be waking up again and just in time for homecoming. This doesn't bode well because nobody wants to turn up to a dance with a bunch of corpses following you. So Megan does what she has to and listens to the zombies and lays them to rest. She just hopes that her love, school and social life won't be ruined forever by the undead.

Then when Megan thinks things can't get worse they do. Someone in school is using black magic to make the normal zombies into the flesh-eating kind. At first nobody believes Megan as she tries to narrow things down to a few suspects but then things get a little too big for her to handle and more importantly the homecoming dance is in danger!

It took me a while to get my hands on a copy of this book because it wasn't easy to find here. However I got hold of this the other day and couldn't resist starting it on the bus home. Totally sucked into the new concept of a 'Zombie Settler' I of course felt the need to finish reading this as soon as possible.

This was a really fun read as well as being a little spooky. The new girl on the block, Megan Berry, is really nice and I can't wait to read more about her. I loved the fact that the zombies were actually 'normal' and just looking for help and the whole settler aspect was fresh and unique.

A super new edition to the paranormal young adult genre. I hope Stacey Jay will be writing more soon because I really want more Megan, Ethan and zombies.

Labels: , ,

 
posted by Unknown at Sunday, March 15, 2009 |


3 Comments:


At 18 March 2009 at 12:25, Blogger Lenore Appelhans

I liked the concept too, but somehow I wasn't a big fan of this one.

 

At 29 March 2009 at 10:11, Blogger Vickie

This does look good. I'll put it on my look for list.

 

At 29 March 2009 at 10:41, Blogger Nancy

Okay, I've heard about this book and had it on my "to read" list, but now it's a MUST read. A writer who can make zombies fun - and who has had her book refered to as "Twilight with sprinkles - is an author I have to read!

Thanks for the review, Amber!

Light,
Nancy Haddock

 






Free Website Counter;
Free Website Counter

 Subscribe in a reader





users online