Saturday 14 March 2009
Since Zara's step-father passed away she hasn't been herself. Obsessed with phobias she is sent to stay with her grandmother in Maine. When Zara spots the same guy in Maine as she saw in Charleston she begins to think it was just a figment of her imagination but the stalker is a lot more than that.

The stalker is following Zara and everywhere he goes there is a trail of gold dust left behind. The small town in Maine where Zara has been sent isn't all that it seems and before long Zara is learning about pixies, weres as well as finding out more about her family.

A creepy novel with a paranormal twist. The phobias that begin every chapter were a nice touch that made me eager to get to the next one. Magical but realistic this reminded me a little of Twilight but mixed with some Holly Black. A very good read but it did take me a few chapters to really get into the story. Great characters and a wonderful plot that unfolds slowly had me dying to get to the end.

A young adult novel that I would also recommend to adults. Worth checking out if you come across this book. I am going to see what else this author is up to because she looks like one I need to watch.

Labels: ,

 
posted by Unknown at Saturday, March 14, 2009 |


1 Comments:


At 14 March 2009 at 10:10, Blogger drey

Great review! I'll have to add this to my list of wants.

 






Free Website Counter;
Free Website Counter

 Subscribe in a reader





users online