Thursday 12 March 2009
Murder Mystery writer Sophie Katz is convinced that a crazed reader is sneaking into her apartment to reenact scenes from her books. The police, however, don't see things the same way as Sophie and think maybe she is just being stalked. Then a filmmaker is found dead just like out of one of his film scenes and Sophie is convinced that a copycat killer is on the loose and she is his next target.

Usually Sophie is writing the mystery but this time she has to solve one before she ends up being killed just like in one of her bestselling books. With the help of her friends and that of the mysterious, and could be a suspect, Anatoly, she sets out to find the killer before the killer gets too close to her.

This first in the series is a mixture of cozy mystery and chick-lit. I found this a little difficult to get into at first but after a couple of chapters I was hooked. Sophie is a fun character who reminded me a little of Stephanie Plum. All in all this was a refreshing read with a plot that had me guessing right till the end.

I have already added the other books in this series to my wishlist and look forward to reading them sometime in the future.

Labels:

 
posted by Unknown at Thursday, March 12, 2009 |


4 Comments:


At 12 March 2009 at 12:39, Blogger HereBeDragons

This seems like a really popular genre - the writer and crime colliding. Like that new TV show on ABC.

 

At 13 March 2009 at 11:30, Blogger Ginny

I read this a few years ago & enjoyed it. I totally forgot about it, will have to see if there are books out from it that I haven't read yet.

I remember when I checked it out from the library, the system was down & I had to tell them the book I had on hold. I felt really silly saying the book name, lol. Especially since I didn't remember the full name, so I was like something about Sex & Murder :)

 

At 17 March 2009 at 19:27, Blogger shaunesay

Lucky for you I think #3 is already coming to you! ;) At least it should have been!

It is a fun series, I enjoyed it too. :)

 

At 25 March 2009 at 10:53, Blogger kyradavis

I'm so glad you've all enjoyed the Sophie books! #3 is actually already here and #4 Lust, Loathing And A Little Lip Gloss will be out on May 26th. Hopefully you'll find it as enjoyable as the others!

 






Free Website Counter;
Free Website Counter

 Subscribe in a reader





users online