Saturday 21 February 2009
Dr Emily Drake is used to her unusual clients and instead of dealing with the typical therapist caseload of midlife crises she has more interesting patients. Treating vampires with blood phobias and sex-demons who want a proper relationship means she caters to only a certain type of person and it has gained her the reputation of being the doctor to go to if you are 'other'.

Most humans don't know that these creatures exist but Emily has always been able to see them. She has a gift for recognizing 'others' and knowing what kind of supernatural they are. So when she meets Detective Colin Gyth she knows what he is straight away and knows she can't trust him.

Colin can't believe that Emily is being assigned to help him on the Night Butcher case and he is worried when he realises that she knows what he is. Spending time together they both start to share the secrets they have been both keeping and alot more. If they aren't careful the Night Butcher will take advantage of their fascination with one another and destroy them both.

Cynthia Eden is my guest this week so when I went to my bookshelf the other day looking for my next read I couldn't resist picking this book up. I loved her upcoming release Immortal Danger and was sure that Hotter After Midnight wouldn't be as good but it was indeed as good and her other books have gone straight onto my wishlist.

I like paranormal romance but find some books a little over the top. However Cynthia Eden has managed to find the right mix of paranormal, romance and mystery with none of the genres standing out more than the other. A great balance which reads like an episode of CSI or Bones with some heat thrown in. Perfect for me and I am sure perfect for some other paranormal readers out there.

I liked the main character and hope I will come across her again in future books by this author. I thought the therapist treating 'others' angle worked wonderfully and the tie in with the police was well thought out as well as the whole plot, which kept me guessing right till the end.

If you haven't already tried something by this author then I highly suggest you do! I have another of her books on my shelves and I am sure I will be reading it sooner rather than later.



Win a signed copy of Cynthia's upcoming release 'Immortal Danger'!

Labels: ,

 
posted by Unknown at Saturday, February 21, 2009 |


2 Comments:


At 21 February 2009 at 09:21, Anonymous Anonymous

Hi Amber! Hopefully I'm not double entering here because I made a comment on the 13ths Blog with Cynthia's interview! But I just can't pass up another opportunity to say how fantastic Cynthia's books are. And Yes, I still want to win! Have a great weekend!

 

At 21 February 2009 at 19:03, Blogger Cynthia Eden

Hi, Amber! I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed Hotter After Midnight. :-) Thank you!

And Barb, thank you, too! :-)

 






Free Website Counter;
Free Website Counter

 Subscribe in a reader





users online