Friday 16 January 2009
Holly Carver is a witch who earns her tuition money by getting rid of ghosts. Any magic above that gives her a big headache but when she ends up on a bad job that isn't all she gets. A Demon is in town and Holly's undead partner Alessandro Caravelli believes the demon is doing somebody elses dirty work. Nobody knows what to do but everyone knows Holly is somehow the key to getting a portal open to throw the demon back to where it came from. Holly just wants to study and go back to school but that doesn't look like it is going to happen anytime soon.

Dumped by her boyfriend because of her magic, Holly starts to see her partner in a different light. Alessandro would love to be Holly's lover but the witch and vampire mix isn't a good combination. Will the pair manage to sort out their feelings and get rid of the demon? Will they find out who is really giving the evil orders?

With lots of twists and turns this debut had me hooked right from the beginning with the very tasty prologue. With a wide variety of supernatural this really made for good honest urban paranormal fantasy reading that had a nice touch of romance added to it. With a great plot full of suspense, mystery and action this was really hard to put down.

The main characters were interesting to read about although I have to admit I didn't like Alessandro as much as I wanted to. Holly was my favourite of the pair and I loved her honest witch ways even if I did feel she was slightly naive about some things. However what struck me the most was that the author really managed to make the characters stand out. When the perspective changed I knew straight away which character had hold of the reins.

Ravenous makes a promising introduction to a new paranormal filled world. With an excerpt of the second book in the series already attached to this first installment I am quite sure that we have yet another great author/series to add to the genre.

Ravenous is due out next month.

Labels: ,

 
posted by Unknown at Friday, January 16, 2009 |


4 Comments:


At 16 January 2009 at 21:58, Blogger Pam P

Good review, I'd been looking at this one, adding to my wishlist.

 

At 2 February 2009 at 06:14, Anonymous Anonymous

Good review. Do you by any chance review ebooks in the horror genre?

Joan De La Haye
http://joandelahaye.wordpress.com/

 

At 2 February 2009 at 13:11, Blogger Unknown

I do review E-books! I just checked out the blurb for your horror book and it sounds very interesting!

 

At 3 February 2009 at 06:13, Anonymous Anonymous

Thank you! If you're interested send me a message on FB and we can chat ; )

Joan De La Haye
http://joandelahaye.wordpress.com/

 






Free Website Counter;
Free Website Counter

 Subscribe in a reader





users online