Thursday 1 January 2009
Gavenia Roberts is a Celtic Witch and possesses the power of good magic. Using only a few words she can command the weather and make a harvest flourish even after a severe drought. However all of this doesn't matter to Gavenia because she can't have what she wants the most, she can't use her magic to get it, she wants freedom.

A powerful, ruthless and a wielder of dark magic. Laird Tremayne Campbel lives in a world that is alot different to that of Gavenia. However the Laird needs Gavenia to put an end to the evil curse he has had put upon him. To stop the curse he needs the blood of a Celtic witch and sets his sights on Gavenia as the one who will save him.

When Tremayne takes Gavenia and imprisions her in his tower he only wants her blood. While she is there he sees her beauty and starts to have feelings for her that halt him from taking what he needs from her. Can he find it in himself to save his life and soul? Or will he fall in love with a witch and burn in hell?

This is the second book in The Celtic Witch series and I wish I got this alot sooner (it came to me via an mbag...slow...) because I really quite enjoyed this short story. I am not usually one for historical tales but this romantic and magic filled tale really grabbed me. It maybe the Celtic setting that appeals to me, seeing as I am Welsh, but maybe it is just because this is so well written.

Not as erotic as the first book, The Last Celtic Witch, this was still hot in some places. I look forward to the future books in this series and can highly recommend this to any readers who like Celtic historicals mixed with magic and a bit of steamy romance.

Labels:

 
posted by Unknown at Thursday, January 01, 2009 |


3 Comments:


At 2 January 2009 at 09:26, Anonymous Anonymous

Hi Amberkatze,

Thanks for the review on The Celtic Witch & the Sorcerer. I loved writing this story, especially writing about the dark and sexy anti-hero. He is my fav.
The third book in the Celtic series, Heart of a Warlock, is out in print now on Amazon.com. And the fourth book, Lady of the Mountain will be out on Jan 7th, in just five days...Yah! I'm very excited. If you love the first two books in the Celtic series, you'll love these ones too.
Happy reading
Lyn
xoxo

 

At 3 January 2009 at 13:57, Blogger Unknown

Thank you so much for the book! I only wish it got to me quicker than it did.

I will keep a look out for the next two in the series.

 

At 4 January 2009 at 10:47, Anonymous Anonymous

Hi,

If you are interested in an autographed book for Heart of a Warlock (third book), click on my myspace page and find the paypal button under author autograph books. I will pop a book in the mail for you.

Link: www.myspace.com/readlynarmstrong

I hope you have a lovely day.
Lyn
xoxo

 






Free Website Counter;
Free Website Counter

 Subscribe in a reader





users online