Monday 12 January 2009
It is a pain being born into a family of superheroes but Bella Bulluci would enjoy it more if her own superpower was one she could control and use. Her power all comes down to luck and Bella just feels like it is a jinx. The supercharged telekinesis or static electricity just has her looking clumsy and it is no help saving any ones life but it could actually hurt someone.

Bella loves art and while helping at a gala fund-raiser at a local gallery she suddenly finds herself trying to stop a theft. As the über-villain is trying to steal a priceless jem the sexy looking badman Demonair distracts Bella. He is known as a playboy but when Bella gets to know him better she starts to see more to the man hidden behind the mask that disguises his identity. Not one to mix danger with love, Bella finds herself stuck between good and evil.

Jinx really caught my eye a few months ago and some Christmas money helped it find its way into my hands. Superheroes have been in the movies, on TV and in comics for years but a novel about superheroes and villains was something new for me. While this was very entertaining I did find it lacked a certain something. Then I realised what. This isn't actually the first book in a new series like I thought. This is actually book number three. Sure this book can stand alone but I get the feeling I have missed some of the background story.

However this was a fun, fantastic and clever read. I have to give the author big kudos for writing a book about superheroes and pulling it off. Full of mystery and action this is also dripping with romance. So if you want to try something that is different and has alot of romance with some superpowers then you should really give this a try. The characters were nice and the story was well written even if it didn't take alot of guesswork to know who was under all the masks.

I will have to look about and see if I can find the first two books in this series. Karma Girl and Hot Mama are sure to be just as good as Jinx and hopefully there will be more books in this fresh new fantasy series.

Labels:

 
posted by Unknown at Monday, January 12, 2009 |


5 Comments:


At 12 January 2009 at 12:15, Anonymous Anonymous

I just finished Jinx last week. My fav of the series is Karma Girl, Jinx second, then Hot Mama. I just found it not as good as the other two. I highly suggests reading them all though!

 

At 12 January 2009 at 14:53, Blogger Vickie

Thanks for the review. Just added all three to my to look for list.

 

At 12 January 2009 at 20:23, Blogger Liviania

I love this series! I can't wait for Estep's new one . . . it's going to have assassins!

 

At 12 January 2009 at 23:05, Blogger Ladytink_534

Love, love, love this series!

 

At 13 January 2009 at 07:33, Blogger Kimberly Swan

I thought this was a fun one as well! :)

 






Free Website Counter;
Free Website Counter

 Subscribe in a reader





users online