Tuesday 30 December 2008
There Blurb :

Here's how it is - In a universe filled with hearts and minds as cold as the dark as the reaches of space, one small Firefly-class startship named Serenity takes its ragtag crew of mercenaries, outlaws and fugitives in search or a job, any job, that'll earn them enough cash to afford the most elusive commodity - Peace.


I signed up for a bookring for this book on bookcrossing a few years ago and the book finally got to me a couple of weeks ago. Now firstly I was disappointed when this arrived because it is a graphic novel. I thought it was a full sized story but it is indeed a very small sized graphic novel.

So my boyfriend and I have both read this and I have to say that while the artwork was amazingly good and the story wasn't too bad I was left even more disappointed. This was only book 1 in however many parts and I can't get hold of the rest of the books in this series very easily (being in Europe). So I am now stuck not knowing what happened next and still wondering why they cancelled such a great show ;)

Labels: ,

 
posted by Unknown at Tuesday, December 30, 2008 |


3 Comments:


At 30 December 2008 at 04:51, Blogger Adele

This is waiting to be read at home. I loved Firefly and Serenity, looking forward to it. Thanks for the reminder.

 

At 30 December 2008 at 12:43, Blogger Vickie

I would like for it to be a full on novel, too, so likely won't go out looking too hard for this. I miss the show quite a lot. Thankfully, I have it on DVD and can watch when I want. And I have Serenity on DVD. I hate that they will put on complete crap and renew it or regurge it year after year, but cancel something as COOL as Firefly? At least we have The Dollhouse to look forward to in the new year.

 

At 7 January 2009 at 09:11, Blogger Escalla

the single issues were collected in a paperback some time ago, and getting that is relatively easy:
http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/WEBSITE/WWW/WEBPAGES/showbook.php?id=1593078463

Last year we got a "sequel" Better Days:
http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/WEBSITE/WWW/WEBPAGES/showbook.php?id=1595821627

and finding comics is easy in Europe :)

 






Free Website Counter;
Free Website Counter

 Subscribe in a reader





users online