Sunday 28 December 2008
Nothing has been the same for Stacey since she started having death predicting nightmares. She has spent time recovering in a cottage near the last place her boyfriend Jacob was seen but now it is time to catch up, get back to the real world and go to university. She has been extremely lucky and has a full scholarship and a friend to help her. However there is a catch, a catch she didn't know about before starting the semester.

When the nightmares start again she hides in bed dosed up on her tranquilisers. With the help of her grandmothers folk magic she finally manages to make sense of things and tries to find a way to solve the new mystery. When the college president calls her in to his office she is apologetic about her 'illness' and assures him that she will make up for her absence from classes. However what he wants from her is the payment for her scholarship and Stacey isn't sure she is strong enough to do what he wants her to do.

I have been following this series and this fourth book, I hope, is the last. It has been great reading but one of the four books could have been somehow joined to one of the others to make a trilogy. Which would have been, imho, enough. Of course I enjoyed this and it was great to see everything come to a nice end but I started to tire of Stacey's nightmares.

A great series that has a unique twist on nightmares and wicca. With a nice plot and nice characters this is worth reading if you are a young adult fan. I also enjoyed 'Bleed', also by this author and I am looking forward to reading her newest release.

Labels: ,

 
posted by Unknown at Sunday, December 28, 2008 |


3 Comments:


At 28 December 2008 at 15:41, Blogger Tez Miller

She's working on Black is for Beginnings, a graphic novel that I assume/presume (me don't know smart speak) is a sequel.

Have a lovely day! :-)

 

At 29 December 2008 at 00:04, Blogger Unknown

I did look on her website but didn't see anything about that one. Although I am not sure if I would bother with a graphic novel.

 

At 29 December 2008 at 08:58, Blogger Kimberly Swan

I completely missed this one!

 






Free Website Counter;
Free Website Counter

 Subscribe in a reader





users online