Saturday 13 December 2008
The devil has had a busy ten-billion-year career and even though he has everything there is something missing in his life. Then he finds what he needs. Lucifer falls in love with Gianna O'Keefe and she drags him out of his depression. Confused about his feelings and confronted with problems from all sides the relationship shouldn't have even lasted past the first date. However there is something special about Gianna and Lucifer finds himself lying to his fellow fallen angels and loyal friends so he can keep seeing her.

Things are going well until both the divine and infernal forces start getting involved. Could it really be that Lucifer is heading toward salvation? As he sabotages his 'real' life and carries on his facade with Gianna things get more and more complicated until the inevitable happens. Someone dies.

I have now read every book by this author and she never fails to surprise me every time. With such a different pace than Wicked Games and the Crow Series, Requiem for the Devil is unique, uplifting and inspiring. I laughed and cried while watching the devil himself fall into an impossible situation and acting more human than most humans.

Requiem for the Devilis a spectacular novel and was not what I was expecting. I had to force myself to put it down and go back to my everyday life. As usual Mrs Smith-Ready sucked me into her world, entertained me and then left me yearning for another trip. If you know of this author then make sure you read all of her work and if you don't then get to know her because her writing is something that is not to be missed.

Labels: ,

 
posted by Unknown at Saturday, December 13, 2008 |


3 Comments:


At 13 December 2008 at 16:40, Blogger Ladytink_534

I'll have to try this author!

 

At 13 December 2008 at 17:29, Blogger Vickie

Added to my shopping cart...

 

At 14 December 2008 at 08:20, Blogger Patricia Altner

This sounds like a winner! I have read Wicked Game and loved it. Now I'll add Requiem for the Devil to my list.

 






Free Website Counter;
Free Website Counter

 Subscribe in a reader





users online