Wednesday 26 November 2008
The TARDIS is lost in battle on a distant planet. When the Doctor sets off in pursuit, Donna is left behind, and finds herself accepting a commission in the Pioneer Corps. Something is transforming soldiers into monstrous beetles, and she could be the next victim.

Meanwhile, the Doctor steals a motorbike and stages a jailbreak. Well, how hard can it be to find the TARDIS, rescue Donna, and negotiate a peace? But that's before the arrival of a brutal and remorseless mechanical exterminator, bent on wiping out the insects. It may be that nothing can stop it, because this robot's solution for the infestation is very simple: kill everything.

This audiobook was read by David Tennant and it was amazing to listen to his Scottish accent. He narrated the book extremely well and did some amazing voices. His Donna voice sounded spot on and I wonder what Catherine Tate thinks it! However well read this book was the story wasn't really my thing. Big insects and war are not really high on my list of themes to read about. The story was obviously well written but just not my cup of tea.

Of course the Dr saved the day as usual and had some fun getting there. I do prefer to watch the TV series but these exclusive stories really fill the gap while I wait for the next series.

Labels:

 
posted by Unknown at Wednesday, November 26, 2008 |


1 Comments:


At 27 November 2008 at 18:15, Blogger Vickie

The narrator can make more of a story I'd otherwise not be interested in. I have heard David Tennant on a show on BBC America and loved listening to his accent. Throw a Scot accent on anything and I am happy. = )

 






Free Website Counter;
Free Website Counter

 Subscribe in a reader





users online