Saturday 18 October 2008
Thais Allard is still struggling to come to terms with how her life has changed over the last few weeks. First her father died and then she got moved to New Orleans by a complete stranger. Then she met her identical twin that she never knew about and found out that they are witches. She is now eager to test her abilities but something is stopping her from successfully using the power she can feel she has. Hopefully she will be able to control them before someone gets hurt.

Clio Martin was unique until her identical twin sister came onto the scene. She is slowly beginning to get used to the fact but she isn't sure if she can learn to share. Hopefully the young girl will learn to share everything including her powers and knowledge. Afterall they both need to protect each other against the mysterious things that keep happening to them both. Will they find out who or what is out to hurt them?

A Circle of Ashes is the second book in the Balefire series and didn't impress me as much as the first. I loved Cate Tiernan's Sweep series and couldn't wait to start the next book but this series isn't giving me the same vibes. Still magickal and interesting this is story is quite good but I didn't get the impression that anything really happened in this second book. Sure things happened but not alot of progress was made. Also the amount of characters in this series is making it hard for me to keep track of who is who.

All in all this is a wonderfully written book and I will be going on to read books 3 & 4 in the series. I do want to find out what happens to Thais and Clio. However I won't be fast tracking them on my to be read pile. They aren't calling to me as much as I thought they would.

Labels: ,

 
posted by Unknown at Saturday, October 18, 2008 |


0 Comments:








Free Website Counter;
Free Website Counter

 Subscribe in a reader





users online