Saturday 13 September 2008
I haven't been able to do a round up for a while and therefore haven't been over to the sites I love to check out. I have a bit of time so I thought I would do a round up now...wonder how much is out there that I have missed out on?

Firstly though the book you will see getting all the attention and hype this week is The Bride of Casa Dracula by Marta Acosta. This is a great read and if you have already read the first two books then you need to get this asap! You will not be disappointed! Of course you can win a copy here on Amberkatze's Book blog but there are also loads more contests for this one going on and you will find all the details on Marta's Blog 'Vampire Wire'.

I have missed alot of reviews over on Darque Reviews the last couple of weeks but what I really missed was the Bite Me magazine Promo. Maybe some of you will remember that I was lucky enough to write the book reviews in the latest edition of this magazine and hope to continue doing so in future editions. Order the magazine online here.

Need more contests? Want to know who is releasing what when? I just pop over to Literary Escapism to get the answers!

Suburban Vampire
has a new poll up! If you stumbled into a vampire story, what character would you most likely be? Go over and vote!

There has been alot of activity over on Patricia's Vampire Notes lately and luckily I am signed up for the newsletter and didn't miss any of it. If you have time on the 15th Jeanne C. Stein (who was my guest last week) will be guest blogging over there. Also if you are signed up for the newsletter you will be entered into the draw to win a copy of Acheron by Sherrilyn Kenyon. If you haven't read this yet then here is your chance to get hold of this amazing story.

There is also alot of activity over on Yankee Romance Reviews. So many authors are guest blogging over there and they are always giving away books!! It is worth popping in now and again to see what is going on...I already missed out on a cool giveaway while I was offline!

Just like me some people are getting excited about Heroes starting up again soon! However I have to say I am happy about quite a few things coming back soon! Supernatural, Bones and House are just a few of the series I have been missing during the Summer and I am glad it is time to have them back!

Also alot of talk about True Blood! I saw the first episode a few months ago and found it to be so so...some good some bad...so I am looking forward to seeing the 2nd episode. What did you all think of it? Any other TV you are looking forward too?

Well more reading time is needed so I will stop there...see you all around again soon and keep entering in the new contest!

Labels: ,

 
posted by Unknown at Saturday, September 13, 2008 |


2 Comments:


At 13 September 2008 at 17:58, Anonymous Anonymous

I loved the first episode. It so made me want more. I think it helped that I was looking at the show for entertainment purposes and not as an exact duplicate of Harris' novels.

Thanks for the mention! I've giving away 6 novels next week, one a day plus one with the interview I'm posting on Monday. People will have to show up daily to see which one is up for grabs, but they are some good ones.

 

At 13 September 2008 at 20:40, Blogger Patricia Altner

Hi Amber

Thanks for mentioning the Jeanne Stein guest blog.

I did watch True Blood last week and thought Alan Ball did a good job of creating Harris's world for TV. Anna P did a terrific job as Sookie, and I thought Bill, while a bit scruffy, was also quite scrumptious. I'm looking forward to the next episode.

 






Free Website Counter;
Free Website Counter

 Subscribe in a reader





users online