Saturday 20 September 2008
To be gifted with the Spirit of the Crow is rare but Rhia fears her destiny and resists the power. Then when her mother passes, Rhia finally sees that her power could be of use and starts to accept what she is and will be. Rhia's gift will enable her to guide the people of Asermos to the Other Side and see when someone will recover from illness of injury or die. It is sometimes a burden but without a crow the people can not pass over to the Other Side.

Rhia will have to make many sacrifices on her journey to embrace the Aspect of the Crow and she will even lose her life. The decisions Rhia makes along the way will either help her on the path she must take or make things harder. Rhia has seen things that she can not reveal and she must keep looking for the signs that could mean war is coming to her people. Is she strong enough to carry such burdens? The crow is strong within Rhia and her the faith of her people keeps her going.

While I love paranormal books I have never been one for fantasy. After reading Jeri Smith-Ready's vampire book Wicked Game I was interested in reading more of her work and this series while more fantasy than I am used to looked very much like something I could enjoy. Well I can say now that I wish I had come across this alot earlier because I didn't just enjoy this one but I loved it and hated having to put it down.

The story follows Rhia as she tries to accept being a Crow. She only sees the gift as a bad thing and would gladly give it up and be another aspect like an Otter. Over the years things happen to make her finally change her mind and then she starts her journey to learn how to use her gift. The story had me hanging on every word and it was one of those books that made me want to call in sick, stay at home and devour it in one go. I could identify with Rhia all the way through and I can't wait to see what happens to her next.

Eyes Of Crow was not only an interesting and gripping read but it was peppered with morals and life lessons. I loved the setting and found myself wanting to visit the lands this author has brought to life. This is a story that I will not forget and will enjoying reading again. Eyes Of Crow is a story that will touch everyone with its delicate mix of fantasy and romance and it is something worth keeping to read again and again.

I have to say that Eyes Of Crow reminded me of how I felt when I was reading Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder, totally overwhelmed and knowing I needed to have another hit straight away. However while I had to wait a while for the next Study book to arrive I already have the next book in this series, Voice Of Crow, waiting for me. Usually I am not one for reading books in a series so close together but I will be starting the next one asap!

Thank you Jeri!

Labels: ,

 
posted by Unknown at Saturday, September 20, 2008 |


2 Comments:


At 20 September 2008 at 11:42, Blogger Ladytink_534

Fantasy is a great genre but I’ve run across some I didn’t really care for. This has a really interesting plot though.

 

At 21 September 2008 at 08:12, Blogger Amy C

I read Eyes of Crow a few months ago and just recently read Voice of Crow. It is by far one of my favorite Fantasy sets and I am really looking forward to The Reawakened in November. Voice of Crow was much more emotional, a truly unforgettable reading experience.

It's so great to hear others with the same thoughts. Great review!

 






Free Website Counter;
Free Website Counter

 Subscribe in a reader





users online