Thursday 11 September 2008
I think everyone knows what this book is about so I will save myself some time and not do the whole blurb thing! If you are reading this and have no idea what this book is about or have never heard about it and the series then you may want to think about moving out from under that rock you have been living under for the last few years ;)

Essentially this 4th (and last?) book in the Twilight series was split into three parts. The first part told from Bella's perspective lets the reader catch up with what has happened in the story so far while she prepares herself for marriage and death. I found this part of the book to be extremely fairy tale like and it actually made me wonder if I wanted to carry on reading the book. It seemed so sweet and perfect somehow and really made me hate Bella. It wasn't until the plot made itself present that I was sure I had to read on. I have to say I didn't expect the first part of the book to end the way it did.

The second part was told from Jacob's perspective and although it took me a while to get used to him I have to say I would love to read more from his side. He was interesting, fun and the style reminded me of the previous books in the series. I loved this part the most and found myself reading faster and enjoying Breaking Dawn.

In the third part the story goes back to Bella. This part was ok at first and carried on being interesting but then it lost me a little towards the end. Too many people and too much information was pushed on to me and I didn't care much for the plot anymore either. I have to honestly say that I guessed things would end the way they did but while reading this part of the book I didn't care how things ended. Actually if things had ended differently than I had guessed I would have been surprised, shocked and would have finished the book with a WOW! Instead I finished and thought 'oh...what was all the fuss about?'.

All in all Breaking Dawn was of course well written and is a must read for any fan of the series so far. However I don't think it is a 'I must read this straight away' book. Anyone who hasn't got Breaking Dawn yet and is wondering if they should really wait for the cheaper paperback version, should just wait. You are not missing much and I have to say I am slightly disappointed with this one. With the hype surrounding this release and the film coming out in Winter I had high expectations and they were not met. On saying that if you already read Breaking Dawn and really loved it then I can understand why but I personally expected more and didn't feel this was an amazing read.

Labels: ,

 
posted by Unknown at Thursday, September 11, 2008 |


0 Comments:








Free Website Counter;
Free Website Counter

 Subscribe in a reader





users online