Friday 25 July 2008
Daunaun has never been very ambitious and loves his job just the way it is. As an incubus he has the power to seduce any human and does his job well. That all changes when the King of Lust, Pan, decides that Daun is going to be his new right hand. Most demons would be happy to get this kind of promotion but Duan would prefer to have things stay the way they are.

Then Pan tells Duan that he must entice a soul destined for heaven to prove himself worthy of his new position or die. Duan is the best so it shouldn't take him long to get the deed done. Or so he thinks. When he meets Virgina he realises things are not going to be as easy as he thought and there are a few demons on his back telling him to get the job done faster.

Dying isn't an option and Duan does everything he can, using every trick in the book and even seeks help from Jezebel and an Angel. The longer it takes him to prove himself the more he gets attached to his target. Love is a word demons don't understand but it seems Duan is getting close enough to find out what it really means.

Hotter Than Hell is the third book in the Hell On Earth series and I have to say the best yet. The book threw me at first because after Hell's Belles and The Road to Hell I got used to Jezebel being the narrator but in this book Duan takes the leading role and he was brilliant. After my initial confusion I got into this story and was gripped till the end. I usually read fast but this one had me slowing down to savour every little detail.

The series till now has been hot but this book, as the title promises, is Hotter Than Hell. This is not only sexy, hot, erotic and seductive but it is also fun and original. Jackie Kessler has created a hell that the reader can enjoy, a place you can relate to while being safely here on Earth.

I loved Duan's story and even had a tear in my eye at the end because hell and demons aside this was a love story and it was touching in many ways. Now all I want to know is how things will continue and hopefully Duan will be back with another story that will hit the heart and soul just like this one does. Love your inner demon and buy it this book!

Labels: , ,

 
posted by Unknown at Friday, July 25, 2008 |


6 Comments:


At 25 July 2008 at 10:41, Anonymous Anonymous

Didn't I say this one was good? I loved the ending, so not what one would expect.

 

At 25 July 2008 at 12:22, Blogger Estella

Hotter than Hell sounds like an excellent read. Paranormal stories are my favorite read.

 

At 25 July 2008 at 13:55, Blogger Unknown

@ Jackie - You did tell me :) The ending was definitely unexpected.

@ Estella - I think the good thing about this book is that you really don't need to read the first two books in the series. This one could stand alone.

 

At 25 July 2008 at 17:28, Blogger Kimberly Swan

Does sound good! I've gotten to read the previous books, so I'll be watching for it when it releases.

 

At 26 July 2008 at 07:22, Blogger Jackie

Thanks so much for the review!

 

At 26 July 2008 at 15:16, Blogger Ladytink_534

Wow! Interesting.

 






Free Website Counter;
Free Website Counter

 Subscribe in a reader





users online