Sunday 8 June 2008
Ciara Griffin used to be a con artist but she is now trying to made a go of things and stay straight. This means she needs a job and even though she isn't too happy about the prospect of having to work the internship she gets offered at a local radio station sounds perfect so she starts off by reading up on the job.

She soon finds out that the DJ's at WVMP radio station are vampires who are stuck in the eras they died in. Ciara wants to run but after some not so simple persuasion she takes on the job and starts turning the station around so it won't get sold off.

To boost the ratings she makes the vampires 'come out'. It is all an advertising gimmick but some people out there are taking things a little too serious and suddenly Ciara is smack bang in the middle of a vampire problem that she may not be able to con herself out of.

Why on earth did I have to wait so long to get my hands on this!!! Amazing writing and a brilliant storyline! Sure this is a typical Urban Fantasy with vampires but Jeri Smith-Ready has put her own twist on things that make this original and fun.

Wicked Game had me laughing and even brought a tear to my eye. This was a story that I could relate to and loved the musical touch to everything. If you were ever into (or like me still into) rock, goth or punk you will love this. If lines like 'I felt I knew him from his music' mean something to you then you have to read this.

Addictive like the blood her vampires have to drink to stay alive you will start this one and not want to put it down till the end. 'Wicked Game' is a novel of sex, blood and rock'n'roll is the best description for this book and I hope that this isn't the last we will see of Ciara and her vampire DJ's because this is a radio station I would throw away my ipod to listen too!

Labels:

 
posted by Unknown at Sunday, June 08, 2008 |


6 Comments:


At 8 June 2008 at 05:27, Blogger david santos

I loved this post and this blog.
Happy day

 

At 8 June 2008 at 06:21, Anonymous Anonymous

Wasn't this a great twist to vampires? I was lucky enough to get an ARC of it and while it didn't become one of my favorites, I did love the way she made her vampires. I can't wait for the second one to come out.

 

At 8 June 2008 at 09:50, Anonymous Anonymous

The book already sounded interesting with the "normal" girl played against an abnormal group of vamps. And tattoos, too!

 

At 8 June 2008 at 10:32, Blogger Unknown

What else do you need in a book? Right?? Vamps, good music and the chick on the front has some tats!

I want the next book now!

 

At 8 June 2008 at 12:46, Anonymous Anonymous

Great review, Amber. Wicked Game is going straight to the top of my Most Lusted After Books, despite my best efforts to catch up on what I've already got, ha ha!

Con artists, music, vampires -- three of my most favorite-est things to read about!!

Ladiibbug

 

At 9 June 2008 at 10:14, Blogger Unknown

@ Ladiibbug - You like con artists? Hmmm I think I need to know more about that ;)

 






Free Website Counter;
Free Website Counter

 Subscribe in a reader





users online