Sunday 20 April 2008
Tally is about to turn sixteen and for most teenagers this is the time to think about learning to drive. However in Tally's world turning sixteenth means you get to have an operation that turns you from an ugly into a stunningly attractive pretty. In only a few weeks Tally will finally be sixteen.

But Tally's new friend Shay isn't sure she wants to be pretty and wants to take her chances in the secret city of Smoke. So Shay runs awaya and Tally is left behind to see how ugly being pretty can be.

The Specials offer Tally a choice. Find her friend and turn her in or keep Shay's secret and never turn pretty at all. This leads Tally to go on a trip she will never forget and making decisions she doesn't want to make. Will she finally become pretty? Does she even want to?

This was an amazing first book in this series. This author has taken something that effects everyone at some point in their life and has invented a world where it is no longer an issue. I can't wait to read the next book 'Pretties' and I can already see it going up on my 'to be read' list! This is alot more interesting that the 'Midnighters' series and I can't wait to see where the author takes the characters and story.

Labels:

 
posted by Unknown at Sunday, April 20, 2008 |


1 Comments:


At 20 April 2008 at 10:07, Anonymous Anonymous

I was very pleasantly surprised by this series, I didn't really expect to like it as much as I did. It has definitely gone on my list of books that I'd recommend to others. I've read Uglies, Pretties and Specials, but I still need to get ahold of Extras. I just found Midnighters 1 and 2 this week to try out. I

 






Free Website Counter;
Free Website Counter

 Subscribe in a reader





users online