Wednesday 16 April 2008
Another 'Chintz 'n China Mystery' solved and I am still loving this series. In this book Emerald's birthday is approaching as well as Halloween. Everything seems to be going to plan but then the cat vanishes and strange things start happening in the lot next door. The same lot that her boyfriend Joe just happens to have bought and it clearing up.

With will-o-the-wisps and ghostly cats keeping Emerald on edge it is no surprise that her life starts getting crazy. Finding the basement left over from the house that used to stand on the land doesn't make things better. It seems that a women named Brigit was living down there 50 years ago and opening up the entrance has set her ghost free. So what happened 50 years ago? and what happened to the young girl?

Again lots of questions for Emerald and I yet again had the feeling of 'I know the answer why doesn't she?'. However much I love this series and the characters I have to say that Emerald does come across as a little slow. I really enjoyed White Deer giving her a little bit of a telling off near the end and hope it will help Emerald's character a little.

This series is lovely and cosy with lots of cool witchy, paranormal & spooky twists. I can't wait to read the next book in the series although I have to admit I would prefer a nice ARC of Dragon Wytch (also by this author - Sisters of the Otherworld series) instead ;)

Labels:

 
posted by Unknown at Wednesday, April 16, 2008 |


1 Comments:


At 16 April 2008 at 23:27, Blogger shaunesay

I really need to get started on these! And so many others! LOL!

so what am I doing commenting on blogs at 1:30 in the morning instead of reading, or even better yet, sleeping?! ;)

 






Free Website Counter;
Free Website Counter

 Subscribe in a reader





users online