Monday 14 April 2008
For the last two years Rowen Grant a practicing Witch has become a part-time sleuth. With the help of his friend Detective Storm he has faced two serial killers and has almost lost his life both times.

Only three weeks ago (See 'Perfect Trust')his wife was kidnapped by a rapist who wanted her for himself. Luckily no harm came to his red haired and short tempered Irish wife but it has left him frightened and short of energy.

There is no rest for the wicked and even though Rowen isn't the bad guy the killer Eldon Andrew thinks he is. Eldon has already been on a killing spree that focused on Witches as he tries to resurrect the 15th Century Witch Hunts. However this time around he is after Rowen and he will do anything he can to get his attention.

This was as good as I expected to be. This fourth book in the Rowen Gant series had me hooked from page one and I couldn't put it down. I read this in one sitting and didn't want it to end. Sellars mixes religion and belief with a great murder plot with facts and no bias.

I love the characters and I have really started to get a feel for them. I love Rowan's wife Felicity and adore her use of Gaelic when she loses her temper. Detective Storm is a great friend and support for Rowan and I hope that somewhere in the future he gets some recognition for what he has been through. I am a little suspect about the new character Lieutenant Albright and think we will be seeing more of her in the rest of the series.

I already have the fifth book 'Crone's Moon' waiting here for me on my bookshelf and I can't wait to find the time to read it. This series is fascinating and the author has an amazing gift!

Labels:

 
posted by Unknown at Monday, April 14, 2008 |


0 Comments:








Free Website Counter;
Free Website Counter

 Subscribe in a reader





users online