Wednesday 26 March 2008
After being so impressed by the first book in this series I couldn't wait to read this 2nd part about the 'Negotiator' Margrit Knight. However where as 'Heart of Stone' was fast and furious 'House of Cards' was slow and lazy.

Don't get be wrong. I liked this installment for the story content but it just wasn't as good as the first book. With alot of talk and no action it was a bit of an anti-climax for me.

The series is still refreshingly new and nothing like I have read before. With 5 races all using Margrit to get what they want it was interesting to see the twists and turns in the story unfold. Alban is a character I still want to know more about and I think there is still alot more than meets the eye regarding the rest of the 'Old Races'.

Only time will tell and the third part in this trilogy 'Hands in the Flame' will be out in Autumn. It will be going on my pre-order list!

Labels:

 
posted by Unknown at Wednesday, March 26, 2008 |


1 Comments:


At 27 March 2008 at 13:42, Anonymous Anonymous

I should be recieving it today or tomorrow! I'm looking forward to reading it, thanks for the review. :)

 






Free Website Counter;
Free Website Counter

 Subscribe in a reader





users online