Saturday 8 March 2008
MaryJanice Davidson is one of my favourite authors and I can't stop myself from reading her books as soon as they arrive. 'Dead Over Heels' was no exception and I was curled up with this one as soon as I had the chance.

This collection of 3 stories is a must read for any MaryJanice Davidson fans. With an original Betsy story, a Wyndham werewolf story and a tale set in her Fred the mermaid world this book a treat and a lovely snack before the next full novel.

The Betsy story is called 'Undead and Wed : A honeymoon story'. So anyone who isn't up to date in that world should not read this one until they have read 'Undead and Uneasy'. Of course it was fun, witty and laugh out loud. Everything you expect from a Betsy story.

Next up was the story set in the mermaid worlc called 'Survivors'. This story wasn't bad and of course you really need to have read the books to know a bit about the story.

Last up was 'Speed Dating, Werewolf Style'. This was a good story but a bit too silly in a way although I loved the references to 'Hot Fuzz' because it was my favourite movie last year. I do enjoy the Wyndham werewolves and I always look forward to reading more about them. There was even a small promise of a new full novel...

All in all a nice couple of stories which has left me wanting more. Quick and easy reads this is a nice relaxing book that fans will love!

Labels:

 
posted by Unknown at Saturday, March 08, 2008 |


2 Comments:


At 10 March 2008 at 09:08, Blogger Terra57

Glad to hear this was good. I like MJD but she can get a little annoying with the whinning. Funny stories though. Hopefully pbs will come through with this to me evidently.

 

At 12 March 2008 at 13:07, Blogger Unknown

I hope you get a copy too! It is one of the better anthologies!

 






Free Website Counter;
Free Website Counter

 Subscribe in a reader





users online