Friday 29 February 2008
I love Doctor Who and have done since I was a child. Although back then I used to hide behind the sofa when the Darleks made an appearance!

I was given this audio book sometime before Christmas and decided to give it a go. I doubt I would read the books but it was nice to hear the voice of the 'Doctor' (David Tennent) reading this. He has quite a nice sexy Scottish voice ;)

The story was ok. Nothing spectacular in comparison to the TV episodes but worth listening to if you are a fan. The second half of the story seemed a little over the top but then again it wouldn't be Doctor Who if it wasn't a little OTT.

I will be on the look out for other Doctor Who audio books. It made a nice change and they are well read.

Labels: ,

 
posted by Unknown at Friday, February 29, 2008 |


3 Comments:


At 29 February 2008 at 10:08, Blogger James Diggs

The book was good primarily because it was read by Tennant I think the first half of the story was very interesting but the second half and conclusion was very weak. I thought it had a lot of mystery to it, but when the answer turned out to be "genies" I was disappointed.

I do think the author captured the personalities of the charters real well; reading the Doctor, Rose, Mickey, and Jackie was like hearing these characters speaking. Tennant did a particularly good job at performing them too.

All in all a fun listen if you don't expect too much.

Peace,

James

 

At 29 February 2008 at 17:39, Anonymous Anonymous

Haven't read or heard any of the Doctor Who books, but I do enjoy the series and the Torchwood spin off. David Tennant and John Barrowman are major HOT-TIES. Yum!

 

At 1 March 2008 at 07:44, Blogger Unknown

Thank you both for visiting and making a comment!

@ James Diggs - Of course I wouldn't even be bothered if this had be read by anyone else other than a member of the cast.

He done a great job and you are right! He does the voices of the characters perfectly.

@ UFR - I love Torchwood too. Come back sometime next week...the next audiobook I am listening to is a Torchwood one!

 






Free Website Counter;
Free Website Counter

 Subscribe in a reader





users online